Oviedo expected back tomorrow.

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date

Technically gifted player leaves Sunderland after never fully realising potential shocker.
"nothing but a great adventure"

Season 1 - 20th - relegated.
Season 2 - 24th - relegated.
Season 3 - 5th - Play off defeat.

Aye great that Bry. Thanks for the memories.

Sweet left foot though, even seen through the stagnant haze of abject failure.

Shite defensively at every level he's played at. Didn't do enough going forward last season for me either, and the less said about his play-off final performance the better. Pleased to see him gone. Would live another full back brought in to push Hume for a starting place.

I don’t get why people rate him, he’s shite. He’s off to play in the danish leage ffs, he might as well have moved to Salford.

Absolutely the correct decision. Kept expecting him to get better the lower down the leagues we got but he didn't. To me at several times last season his head wasn't here. He was just going through the motions.

Financially nowhere near worth keeping him. Having said that i'd be genuinely worried if Hume is our only LB going into next season.

Got to be good news from a financial point of view that his wage is off the books. He showed the odd flash of quality but as a supposed premier league standard player didn’t stand out as head and shoulders above L1 players.

Hopefully we’ll have identified a competent defender to compete with Hume for the left back role.

:lol: Pretty much covers it.

I've never been much of a fan tbh. :lol: Always seemed to be playing within himself hoping that regular appearances for Costa Rica would get him a move eventually and it appears to have worked because he's done very little for us.

don't buy into this "you'll always be family to me" bollocks either. He'll have forgotten how to spell Sunderland within 18 months.

The last of the big earners off the books should make it a level playing field with the squad balanced as far as wages go. Players who achieve promotion will no doubt be well rewarded if they are good enough to take it. Supporters can tell if the players are good enough and they can tell if the manager is getting the best of what he has got. Not long before we find out.

I've never been much of a fan tbh. :lol: Always seemed to be playing within himself hoping that regular appearances for Costa Rica would get him a move eventually and it appears to have worked because he's done very little for us.

don't buy into this "you'll always be family to me" bollocks either. He'll have forgotten how to spell Sunderland within 18 months.
Not complaining whilst picking up huge wages for doing next to nowt seems to have bought him massive credit cos he used to be canny for Everton.
Just add him to the list of massively expensive underachievers and send him on his way.

Not complaining whilst picking up huge wages for doing next to nowt seems to have bought him massive credit cos he used to be canny for Everton.
Just add him to the list of massively expensive underachievers and send him on his way.

aye exactly.

James Vaughan was held in similar esteem at Everton.

Back