Oviedo expected back tomorrow.

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date

Had three left backs last year, we've sold the best two for nowt and have no backup five days before the start of the season.

Interesting strategy.
I don't think it's the strategy by choice. We want things to happen in a certain order but we're in too weak a position to dictate.

Last edited:
I don't think it's the strategy by choice. We want things to happen in a certain order but we're in to weak a position to dictate.
What on earth makes you thinkwe are in a weak positon? we are the ones with the money...the big name reputation and good promotion prospects.
oviedo is 29..no use for the future..getting rid of 29 year olds and replacing them with 20 year old sfrom the academy is what should be happening..its long termt hinking..

What on earth makes you thinkwe are in a weak positon? we are the ones with the money...the big name reputation and good promotion prospects.
oviedo is 29..no use for the future..getting rid of 29 year olds and replacing them with 20 year old sfrom the academy is what should be happening..its long termt hinking..
We're still in League 1 though and it looks like we needed to move on a big earner to help us to restructure the squad. It's not a dig at the owners or the recruitment team.

Meh, no great loss after last seasons performances, player of his supposed quality should have look world class in our league. Got the feeling he just did enough while here, just enough was a canny bit more than some of the wankers over the last few years but I doubt we'll miss him.

It's the last of the players signed in the misery years. It's taken the new owners a year or so to do it, but it's finally done.
It's now up to Ross and his squad to move us forward and get out of this division.
Roll on next week.....I'm right behind the lads.....hit the top and stay there....nothing else will do!

it will be mutual..but that fdoesnt mean he didnt get a payoff..
I seriously doubt that. Oviedo was one of the few players, we could expect a decent fee for. And FC Copenhagen just sold Robert Skov to Hoffenheim for around €10 mill plus addons on Friday. They have the money to pay for him. I cannot see the club letting Oviedo go with cash in his pocket when they could easily have demanded money for him.
And certainly not when the manager of FC Copenhagen says, that it's nice to see a player opting for his career rather than the short term financial option.

I seriously doubt that. Oviedo was one of the few players, we could expect a decent fee for. And FC Copenhagen just sold Robert Skov to Hoffenheim for around €10 mill plus addons on Friday. They have the money to pay for him. I cannot see the club letting Oviedo go with cash in his pocket when they could easily have demanded money for him.
And certainly not when the manager of FC Copenhagen says, that it's nice to see a player opting for his career rather than the short term financial option.
but can copenhagen pay those wages? it may be compenhagen paid us a fee..and we gave it to oviedo to make up for the huge wage cut..

As a fan I just want to see good players mate. We all saw what happened when we got rid of Maja last season which was apparently in our best interests.
It was in Maja's best interests and the club said that too. Maja wanted to go and, in my view, he played the club throughout without having any intention of signing a new contract. The club were left with no option but to let him go.

Shame of all the shite moyey lad signed he was one I was happy to see us sign. 29 years old international yet we seem to have got nowt and had to golden shake him off.

Amazed at the outpouring of grief on twitter etc. 'A pleasure to watch' ffs.. He barely played, was dreadful in the Championship and was poor last season too apart from a few decent games near the beginning. A player of his 'quality' should have been far and away the best player in L1.

Did a few interviews about wanting to leave after we were relegated from the Prem too.

Back