Oviedo expected back tomorrow.

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
Oh, you remember one game do you?

Are you really serious with this post, Chris? Do you think that step-overs really impress people? 15 goals, from a wide position and 5 assists, that's what impresses. Our player of the season, and in the League team of the season. It tells its own story.
11 goals - 3 of which were penalties.

He's had other bad games - just that moment sticks in my mind.

I suppose I am serious - in a way. He frustrates the life out of me at times.

I'd still play him most weeks.

James in the cup final for 1-1 first off. Also against Accrington ball watching as their lad ran infront of him and headed in.

That's instantly without thinking

Even if so one is a bloke who we paid fuck all for who you expect at this level is gonna be ok / average. The other is a bloke who we paid £8 million for given him God knows how much money in wages and was signed to be a Premiership footballer. As we went down the levels he got worse and worse and worse. He would not be missed in the slightest

Even if so one is a bloke who we paid fuck all for who you expect at this level is gonna be ok / average. The other is a bloke who we paid £8 million for given him God knows how much money in wages and was signed to be a Premiership footballer. As we went down the levels he got worse and worse and worse. He would not be missed in the slightest

As a fan, why does it matter to you how much someone is paid? Serious question.

He's not going to be replaced, his wages won't be reinvested and he's a lot better than Denver Hume. Gooch has been playing back up left back in pre season.

As a fan, why does it matter to you how much someone is paid? Serious question.

He's not going to be replaced, his wages won't be reinvested and he's a lot better than Denver Hume. Gooch has been playing back up left back in pre season.

Because i expect as should any fan that a bloke who we paid £8 million for and paid God knows how much in wages would stand out a mile in third f***ing division of English football like

Because i expect as should any fan that a bloke who we paid £8 million for and paid God knows how much in wages would stand out a mile in third f***ing division of English football like

That's fair. I don't think he had a good year last year, not even going to argue that at all but he did start the season well and then the side went tits up performance wise.

Realistically what can you do from left back in the system that we played? Our full back play was awful last year and we were winning despite our poor play at full back. I look at Luton & they were geared to get their full backs in the box to score and create goals.

Having good attacking full backs will be massive for us next year, if we're tied between paying Oviedo off or playing him then we play him. We then sign a good right back (if we are playing this 5 with McLaughlin CB) then we go on and attack teams. Hume & O'Nien at full back is the alternative. Not good.

Last edited by a moderator:
no chance unless we get a decent fee for Oviedo, which is unlikely
a no 2.5mil is alot to ask for league 1 but we were told it was wages that was the main issue holding us back not actual transfer funds , can't see it myself either but you never no

We'd only need to get a 2-3M fee for Oveido combine his wages it would more than pay for McNulty, Dobson, and Maddison.

We're not getting a fee for him. Was rumoured we'd agreed a deal with him similar to Cattermoles afew weeks back.

Back