Oviedo expected back tomorrow.

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date

I'd be interested in hearing Stewart Donald's take on how moving Oviedo on impacts on our transfer plans.

It seems the deal to pay off Catts hasn't helped us too much as we're paying him off over a longer period but if Brugge take Oviedo even on a free it removes his wages completely.

I don't buy we're paying Catts over a longer period. it was reported by Nixon but Catts had two years left - if he's on 30k or so a week as reported, then even if we pay him over 3 or 4 years that's still 15k to 10k or so were paying over that period and after this season without parachute payments. it would free up some cash flow now, but hinder us massively next season onwards.

He'll have had a lump sum to pay most if not all of it off, especially given it happened the same month the first large parachute payments come in.

Well aye. I thought Oviedo was absolutely shit for the overwhelming majority of his time here so I’m not convinced his replacement will be that hard to find.

I think he was quite decent even if he wasn't value for money.one of the last few players with any sort of quality on the ball we had. had obviously weaknesses in terms of strength and his wage but it leaves a hole imo.

Decent gig if you can get it. Unfancied by the manager last year & paid off by a league 1 side to go and play Champions league football

Wish him well cos didnt appear to be a complete **** like many of them before him but he was no better than the majority of left backs in this division let alone the prem and championship. Another truly awful signin.

Is that the last of the “high earners”?

Best decision for all parties. I’d like to see us bring in someone as cover for Hume, even if it’s just a loan deal.

Decent player but did not look overly arsed overall, another talented lad who we did not really fully utilise, more chromework on a shitheap car.

One day we will get a gaffer who understands mixing Single Malt with saltwater does not a fine drink make.

If we cannot find a decent option to replace him in league 1 we may as well fk it off.

Cannot understand why we sold James tbh..He's not great but he's a steady left back at this level. Cannot imagine finding a much better left back if I'm being honest
he wouldnt have stayed in order to be second choice..
Had three left backs last year, we've sold the best two for nowt and have no backup five days before the start of the season.

Interesting strategy.
if those two were the best two and hume was only third choice..why did we waste money giving hima contract? if his level at 20 is third choice in league one..he is unlikely to have a future in the game as a pro..

Last edited:

Back