Overtraining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a thing ?

Can you train 7 times a week ?

Is there any good supplements out there for recovery and energy ect, or would you just expand your calorie intake ???

Thanks

Is this a thing ?

Can you train 7 times a week ?

Is there any good supplements out there for recovery and energy ect, or would you just expand your calorie intake ???

Thanks

It certainly is a thing. Just do what feels right for yourself, make sure you get a good 6-8 hours sleep everynight (more towards the 8 hours) and take in enough nutrients. Best to have one or two days off a week though IMO as you often find the recovery substantially better.

With a structured programme I think you can train everyday , but I suppose everybody is different.

I have personally trained, with the odd exception, every day for around three years now.

Some sessions are better than others but by and large I'm good. You want to avoid doing the same things too often or going beyond whats necessary to stimulate maximum strength / growth

With a structured programme I think you can train everyday , but I suppose everybody is different.

I have personally trained, with the odd exception, every day for around three years now.

Some sessions are better than others but by and large I'm good. You want to avoid doing the same things too often or going beyond whats necessary to stimulate maximum strength / growth

Very, very good advice.

Cheers lads ,

Sort of what I was thinking tbh , see how the body feels , switch the training up ,

I may just go for slow jog on my days "off" . Mind you the training keeps the mind straight and me off the drink haha.

in a surplus yes you can train every day, if you're smart with rotating muscle groups

in a deficit... you may turn up to the gym, but shite will you perform. so you need the rest day, most i've pushed it 9 days, but usually results in over consuming calories

That's my worry, I start eating everything in sight, but bad food haha

As my main goal is to drop more body fat ( the gut and tit's haha ) I know I can't spot reduce, so I'm trying to watch my calorie intake , but then I'm feeling a bit tired in general ..feels a bit like I'm banging my head off a wall haha..

I think i will have to be a little clever with my approach , bit of common sense

Cheers

Last edited:
The worse your rest, recovery and nutrition is the easier it is to overtrain.

Most people will never come close to overtraining. Unless you’re training at the level of a professional strongman it’s probably not a concern.

Feeling a bit knackered doesn’t mean you’re overtrained, for example.

You can overtrain, but it's difficult. Gym rats probably never train hard enough to come close to it. A bit of accumulated fatigue =/= OTS.

If you're just training for general fitness or physique, I'd be very surprised if you or anybody on here really overtrains. Not to be condescending, but it's just not difficult to train purely for physique, I've been doing it as a break from my usual training to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back