1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overpaid Public Sector Workers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mickb2112, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Deano

Deano Striker Contributor

Just immoral

Frijj likes this.
  2. Sweeper

Sweeper Striker

It's immoral to put money into an ISA? It's the same principle.

3. mickb2112

mickb2112 Winger

That is NOT the same as the tax avoidance these companies are doing where they construct artificial subsidiaries whose sole point of existence is to help avoid tax whether it`s intra comp[any loans or paying "phantom" licencing fees as a way of shuffling money around. Creative accounting, call it what you will is legal but totally immoral. Why don`t they just pay their share, no ifs or buts as THIS is t5he very thing that`s damaging our economy. Not public sector workers, immigrants, the poor or disabled but corporations who are cheating the system.

I have no problem with legitimate business costs being tax deductible, investment in plant and machinery or new developments or research and development but these fake transfers of money to offshore accounts are just disgraceful.

A pension or an ISA is an investment that has been set up to legitimately encourage savings and that is their purpose not to dodge tax on an industrial scale.

Every £1.00 dodged is £1.00 less spent on schools and hospitals and other vital services which means cuts to services or those without the means to dodge paying extra to cover the shortfall. It`s undefendable in any situation.

ISAS`s have apurpose...to encourage saving that is what they are designed for. Shuffling money offshore between subsidiaries has no purpose other than fooling the tax man and dodging taxes.

DJP, Frijj and Deano like this.
  4. Que sera sera

Que sera sera Midfield

I hate tax avoidance but understand it.
    Greater tax breaks should be given to invest in socially useful funds and companies. Stopping some of the breaks for solar farms etc was a big mistake. Maybe that way investors would be "hiding" their money in a way which benefits more people in a more "transparent" way.

5. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

Isa's are somewhat moot now anyway as you can £1000 in interest before tax anyway. And isa's are encouraged by the government as are pensiobs. Nowhere on gov.uk does it inform me how to marry a monaco national and transfer all my business interests in their name

6. Sweeper

Sweeper Striker

There's a reason why political parties all talk tough on clamping down on these things, but all ultimately do little to nothing. It's because beyond all the bluster and sound bites, they know that these companies and their investment are needed here, and if they feel otherwise they can (and will) move their wealth elsewhere. We can only pass laws in this country with affect in our own jurisdiction. The places where these tax effective subsidiaries exist won't change their own laws for our benefit, ruining their own economies overnight.

It doesn't make one more legal than the other.

7. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

Normally thats true. But in this case you need to remember where both employer on costs and employee deductions go. Back to the treasury. So the net cost to uk plc is actually less than the gross salary. Ie on costs are effectively negative.

You know what you're turning more into TLR everyday. Post old fashioned views then when your pulled up or someone disagrees get all abusive and claim people are ganging up on you. Carry on and people will just think youre just a parody account. I'm begining to wondet myself.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  8. Parkmaverick

Parkmaverick Striker

Posted this on another thread.

A Billionaire, a Daily Mail reader and someone on benefits standing next to a table. On the table is a plate with 10 chocolate biscuits - the Billionaire takes 9 of the biscuits but before leaving tells the Daily Mail reader that the person on benefits is looking at their chocolate biscuits.

DJP, den and rentaghost like this.
  9. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

Given that HRMC are starting to challenge a number of tax avoidance schemes in the courts it kind of does

10. Sweeper

Sweeper Striker

I've no issue with HMRC prosecuting anything that's illegal.

11. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

Its the grey area thats literally legal but not in the spirit of the law.

12. Beery

Beery Striker

scrap HS2 - hire the 16k jobs pay them all off with 500k each on day 1 and save 47bn

Not sure why everyone isn't as creative as me at times

13. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Midfield

Comment on the post NOT the poster.

I am old fashioned.

14. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

You need to take heed of your own advice then. Clearly a wum parody account

15. royalflash

royalflash Central Defender

wheres he gone? banned?

16. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

Not sure if he did get a lifer, but theres some suggestion hes spat his dummy out and is on a self imposed ban due to all the pc arseholes ganging upon him for his racism

17. royalflash

royalflash Central Defender

not seen him around in ages actually now I think of it

18. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Midfield

Reported.

19. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

If you are being serious then youve just proven me correct. Youre being far to precious and struggle with debate.

Think he still posts over the road

20. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Midfield

Why are you bothered about my posts? If I don't like someone's posts I can ignore them or counter their arguments. You just resort to personal attacks and attempt to scare me off. But you are wasting your time as I've seen off bigger and better bullies than you and your ilk. I was on the Big Brother forum when it was every man for himself, so you are wasting your time here.