Overdoing the weights

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

littlened

Not sure how I managed it, but I dug the weights out the spare room yesterday, pumped some iron, and Woke up during the night in agony.

All day today I can't straighten my arms, the pain is immense.

Ibuprofen does Nowt

Paracetamol does Nowt

And co codamol just say takes the edge off.

Lesson learnt it think. I wouldn't mind either, it was only 8kg per arm and 30 press ups!!!

littlened said:
Not sure how I managed it, but I dug the weights out the spare room yesterday, pumped some iron, and Woke up during the night in agony.

Ibuprofen does Nowt

Paracetamol does Nowt

Lesson learnt it think. I wouldn't mind either, it was only 8kg per arm and 30 press ups!!!

Have you tried paracetemol and ibuprofen together?

Had you had a good night out and a kebab/curry would you now be in this pain?

Lesson learned there

Ibuprofen does Nowt

Paracetamol does Nowt

You can't expect to just hammer at the weights straight away. Gentle excersise and stretching (no lifting) and some chicken for the next two days and then go back onto easy weights and build up.

Man up on the pain.

Have a bath and with those weights you must be seriously out of condition.
In pain from 30 sit ups and 19lb weights, are you sure?

Not sure how I managed it, I dug the weights out the spare room yesterday, pumped some iron, and Woke up during the night in agony.

Ibuprofen does Nowt

Paracetamol does Nowt

It's probably because of the digging mate. Using muscles you don't normally use

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: lots of water, protein and bananas. What did you do with them?

What did I do with the weights.

Curls I think you call them. I should of probably warmed up or something and started with a lesser weight rather than just jumping in.

Went to the chinese in durham last night, and I was in agony just hold my plate.

littlened said:
What did I do with the weights.

Curls I think you call them. I should of probably warmed up or something and started with a lesser weight rather than just jumping in.

Went to the chinese in durham last night, and I was in agony just hold my plate.

Looks like you put too much food on your plate marra

Looks like you put too much food on your plate marra

:lol:

You should have warmed up and stretched off afterwards. Ive beasted the gym before and it's took a week to be able to straighten my arms after. Just put it down to experience and when you start again do light with more reps rather than heavy till you can't do any more

Smashed my abs for first time in a month the other day. Have been in pain since last tuesday til monday today, when i go back to gym, and do full body workout the pain and aches is immense at start. Just gotta deal with it mate and soilder on, it'l get less and less.

Ibuprofen does Nowt

Paracetamol does Nowt

someone told me that "pain is weakness leaving the body". so i kick him into a coma.

He must be like the hulk now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back