Over the top security on websites

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 40035

Absolutely boils my piss, I cant even do internet banking now without having to get a passcode sent to my mobile phone after I've already answered all the security questions/10 digit customer number etc, by the time I've got my phone and got the passcode the web page expires so I have to do it all again.
I also got locked out of my premium bonds as the password rules were just ridiculous (must contain so many upper case, lower case, numbers and have to be so many characters including $%"&*+ < these types of characters etc) making the password impossible to remember.

I noticed a thread by the gaffer today having trouble authorising his google account. I got locked out of facebook a few years ago and they wanted my to send them a copy of my photo/driving licence etc well they can get lost as I don't trust facebook/google with my personal information. Who do they think they are?

Rant over.

It's tricky. Nobody wants to be the company plastered across the media for being hacked somehow. At the same time you want a site with a nice easy to use ui. At the very least the password requirements should be obvious and resetting your password easy. All too often though, they aren't which sends people raging...

It's tricky. Nobody wants to be the company plastered across the media for being hacked somehow. At the same time you want a site with a nice easy to use ui. At the very least the password requirements should be obvious and resetting your password easy. All too often though, they aren't which sends people raging...
Its beyond a joke now when they want to see your passport or driving licence.

Better than captcha’s and those shite ‘I am not a robot’ pictures
I'm crap at those things, when it says click on all the pictures with traffic lights does it mean the actual lights or the post they are stood on as well..

Banking is different, it’s not the bank, there’s a new payment services directive coming out and must be added to internet banking. Some banks are deploying early
I'm crap at those things, when it says click on all the pictures with traffic lights does it mean the actual lights or the post they are stood on as well..

Exactly, this example is the main culprit. Shit

Last edited:
Absolutely boils my piss, I cant even do internet banking now without having to get a passcode sent to my mobile phone after I've already answered all the security questions/10 digit customer number etc, by the time I've got my phone and got the passcode the web page expires so I have to do it all again.
I also got locked out of my premium bonds as the password rules were just ridiculous (must contain so many upper case, lower case, numbers and have to be so many characters including $%"&*+ < these types of characters etc) making the password impossible to remember.

I noticed a thread by the gaffer today having trouble authorising his google account. I got locked out of facebook a few years ago and they wanted my to send them a copy of my photo/driving licence etc well they can get lost as I don't trust facebook/google with my personal information. Who do they think they are?

Rant over.

Would you complain to the bank if someone got into your account and transferred a load of cash out?

Back