Over hyped films

I used to know a bloke who had been at Dunkirk. Apart from the bombing and shelling he said it was massive military scrapyard with thousands of men having to go to the lav amongst the sand dunes - not nice. Not apparently the wide open sands as shown in the film
Bit like Trafalgar Sq when we have the pilgrimage to Wembley

1917, well made but boring.
Dunkirk, well made but didn't get the sheer scale of it for me, looked more like a couple of coachloads of the beaches.
Said it at the time. It was dull, didn't reflect the scale and I didn't care whether a single character lived or died.
A particularly argumentative type on here suggested that I wasn't meant to enjoy it, wasn't meant to care about the characters, and my boredom reflected the boredom the soldiers felt whilst waiting on the beach so it was therefore brilliant. :lol:
The score by Hans Zimmer was decent though.

Said it at the time. It was dull, didn't reflect the scale and I didn't care whether a single character lived or died.
A particularly argumentative type on here suggested that I wasn't meant to enjoy it, wasn't meant to care about the characters, and my boredom reflected the boredom the soldiers felt whilst waiting on the beach so it was therefore brilliant. :lol:
The score by Hans Zimmer was decent though.
Londoner?

All of the Christopher Nolan Batman movies.

The Dark Knight is arguably one of the best films ever made (largely thanks to Ledger's contribution as has been pointed out). Batman Begins is also decent in it's own right although not as good as The Dark Knight. Agreed on Dark Knight Rises though, poor finish and poor casting with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Blake/Robin.

The Dark Knight is arguably one of the best films ever made (largely thanks to Ledger's contribution as has been pointed out). Batman Begins is also decent in it's own right although not as good as The Dark Knight. Agreed on Dark Knight Rises though, poor finish and poor casting with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Blake/Robin.

For me, the beginning of that is the most perfect beginning to a film I've seen. It establishes where we are, what's going on and why and who the characters are and sets up for the reveal of the antagonist.

:lol: :lol:

..Overhyped film?

Tell you what it would have to be a particularly bloody argument, that, to gain traction whatsoever in the filmwatchers guild.

Back