Over hyped consumer goods

They're amazing. Alexa thing is shite.
Alexa is great if you're using it to it's full potential. I've got show 5s in each of the 3 bedrooms and an echo linked to my speakers downstairs. It's all I use for music now. Plus I can turn the cherubs music down myself without balling up the stairs and sounding like me fatha. Like most things now though it means committing to subscriptions to get the best out of it.

iPhones/watches/pods
Nandos
Range Rover Evoques
Festival tickets
Prosecco
Skinny jeans
Espadrilles of any kind.

Bottom two might not be "over hyped" as such but they're certainly over worn which suggests they're hyped somewhere.

Can anyone not watch anything less than 4K now or is it far too early for that one?
Not just that, but watching anything not in HDR really bugs me now. Once you get used to 4k HDR, everything else looks like someone's put smoke in front of the telly

I've got a 4k TV (only because the bairn broke our old one) but I haven't watched anything in 4k yet.
Why not mate? It really is worth it.
I got a free Google version of Alexa and I can confirm that is absolutely shite.
I'll say anything voice controlled is shit
100% behind this. Its almost all awful
Festival tickets
Just the tickets? Or the festivals themselves?
Some of the are anything but overhyped

Last edited:
Not just that, but watching anything not in HDR really bugs me now. Once you get used to 4k HDR, everything else looks like someone's put smoke in front of the telly

'I'm not staying in here the definition is not up to my standards'. ;)

I just haven't bothered looking to be honest mate. Does BBC I player do 4k? I'd like to try it with an Attenborough type program.

'I'm not staying in here the definition is not up to my standards'. ;)
Ah, HDR is High Dynamic Range. It basically turns on an extra level on the telly that changes the contract from 0-10 points, to 0-100points. Its so much better. Id rather watch 1080p HDR than 4k SDR
I just haven't bothered looking to be honest mate. Does BBC I player do 4k? I'd like to try it with an Attenborough type program.
Not sure if iPlayer is carrying 4k stuff. Amazon Prime and Netflix does though.

Back