Over Ear headphones with NC and Bluetooth suggestions?

PTR

Striker
Never been one for headphones, but the missus is after some.

NC isn't a deal breaker tbh, as the main use will be on her tablet, at home - but there's always the chance she'll use them on a flight or something (maybe not, at least not until the bairn is a bit older).

Was thinking £100, but looking like it might be a bit more. Saw some on-ear once for £150 that get great reviews, but they don't sound all that comfy (AKG N60NC Wireless)

Never been one for headphones, but the missus is after some.

NC isn't a deal breaker tbh, as the main use will be on her tablet, at home - but there's always the chance she'll use them on a flight or something (maybe not, at least not until the bairn is a bit older).

Was thinking £100, but looking like it might be a bit more. Saw some on-ear once for £150 that get great reviews, but they don't sound all that comfy (AKG N60NC Wireless)
Well under your budget but a potential bargain.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser...07CKT8Z57/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

that not the QC-25? I saw them for £129 on a Black Friday deal. They have the lead, not Bluetooth. Great headphones though
It probably is them aye, I'm not very clued in on headphones but I've never heard better sounding audio than Bose.

Bose Quietcomfort 35 Series II are probably the gold standard but they're about 2x your budget.

What HiFi recommend the AKG N60NC Wireless, they show up as best under £300 but they're under £100 at Richer Sounds: AKG N60NC (Black)
They're exactly the ones I was on the verge of buying. They're "ON" ear not over ear though.
Mind, those ones at Richer Sounds are the WIRED version. £50 more for the wireless, and they don't deliver.
Amazon do, though.

Worried about on-ear rather than over-ear though. Less comfy?

Yeah, they might not be brilliant, but they're half the price I was looking at - and tbh, its only for the missus to watch Im a celeb on ffs :)

Aye, I've ordered them - cheers.

Might be after some for myself later on anarl. Not sure yet though

Last edited:
They're exactly the ones I was on the verge of buying. They're "ON" ear not over ear though.
Mind, those ones at Richer Sounds are the WIRED version. £50 more for the wireless, and they don't deliver.
Amazon do, though.

Worried about on-ear rather than over-ear though. Less comfy?

Yeah, they might not be brilliant, but they're half the price I was looking at - and tbh, its only for the missus to watch Im a celeb on ffs :)

Aye, I've ordered them - cheers.

Might be after some for myself later on anarl. Not sure yet though

I should have looked a bit closer re wired and on ear. I expect the on ear ones would be less comfortable.

Splash out mate and get some brownie points... forget Bose now..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...4KH11&linkId=6601ce0a05f32412366881c00dfacfcc

HOW THE NURAPHONE WORKS

The nuraphone learns your hearing in about one minute. The first time you put on the nuraphone, it plays a short series of tones. As your ear hears these tones, your inner ear actually produces a tiny sound in response. This tiny sound is called the Otoacoustic Emission (OAE) and it tells the nuraphone what tones your ears are more or less sensitive to.

The nuraphone uses 6 extremely sensitive microphones to detect this returning sound and automatically creates your unique hearing profile.

With your hearing profile applied, you’ll hear your favourite music like never before.

Your unique profile is stored within the nuraphone allowing you to listen to any device with your perfect sound. Up to three profiles can be stored on your nuraphone at any time.

Splash out mate and get some brownie points... forget Bose now..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...4KH11&linkId=6601ce0a05f32412366881c00dfacfcc

HOW THE NURAPHONE WORKS

The nuraphone learns your hearing in about one minute. The first time you put on the nuraphone, it plays a short series of tones. As your ear hears these tones, your inner ear actually produces a tiny sound in response. This tiny sound is called the Otoacoustic Emission (OAE) and it tells the nuraphone what tones your ears are more or less sensitive to.

The nuraphone uses 6 extremely sensitive microphones to detect this returning sound and automatically creates your unique hearing profile.

With your hearing profile applied, you’ll hear your favourite music like never before.

Your unique profile is stored within the nuraphone allowing you to listen to any device with your perfect sound. Up to three profiles can be stored on your nuraphone at any time.
Looks like it has a small penis in each ear :lol:

Bought the (sorry) seinheissers earlier anyway.

Bought the Sennheiser ones as an xmas present for someone today.

I've got the Sony WH-1000XM2 as I do a lot of long haul flying and the NC is brilliant. Had some Bose QC15s for the last 10 years which were very good but when it came to upgrade I preferred the Sony to the QC35.

Back