Over 60s can now book jab

Earliest available slot at Darlington Arena 16th March !! Waiting for a letter from local GP Surgery which I am hoping will be earlier
That was earliest date. Choice between nightingale or arniston in Durham
North East shortage of vaccine hence delays

Earliest available slot at Darlington Arena 16th March !! Waiting for a letter from local GP Surgery which I am hoping will be earlier

2 weeks until you get the vaccine, that's not too bad at all.

I'm still not buying into this media vaccine shortage rubbish either.

Lots of people to get through and supplies are getting delivered all the time. My surgery was fully booked with Pfizer at the weekend, another delivery due today for the Oxford one.

We're making cracking progress up here.

They wouldn't open mass centres in Darlington and Durham if we had shortages. My Mam booked her jab last night for Durham and got a date for 2 weeks time and was also given her 2nd jab date as well, she couldn't fault that service, took her 5 mins to book.

500 were jabbed at Peterlee on Sunday........... that's not what I'd call a vaccine shortage

Last edited:

Seems to be shortages all over country not just NE, will be resolved by middle of month apparently
Same problem. And dentists. We’ll get her there somehow

Good luck, wife fell other day and was lying on pavement blood pouring out of a cut above her eye but adamant we shouldn’t call an ambulance, “I’ll be alright” was all we got

Last edited:
There’s a list of special requirements on the booking form, disabled access , parking etc. I didn’t tick any as I m fit and able and have transport. Hence I was offered not that local centres which I took the nearest. Not bothered as I would delay someone who had special requirements otherwise.
Father in law ticked most of the boxes and got the centre nearest to where he lives.
I ve decided to take a big box of chocolates for the magnificent people at the jab centre.

dad got the text today off the surgery and he has to go to peterlee on the 12th march, further puts to bed the myth we have no vaccines up here/shortage, on top of the darlo vaccine centre opening yesterday and one due to open in boro confirmed today

next week our surgery pending vaccine delivery will be working with the aim to move down to 50 year olds and over after the march 15th with the target for all adults aged over 50 to have had a 1st jab by 15th april.

bloody brilliant effort for east durham

Back