Ovation at half time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gav33

Winger
The 20 minutes after 3.45 yesterday encapsulates what it's like to be a Sunderland fan at the moment. From going 2 goals up to going to pieces in the space of minutes just sums us up, but how our players can not come out of the blocks like men possessed after the ovation that the fans gave them at half time as they came off yesterday is just unfathomable. It was loud and visceral and came from a place of great anger and pent up emotion. I don't think I've experienced anything like it at a match before in my 30 years as a supporter. It was, however, noticeable that no one reacted to it or even acknowledged it apart from Honeyman.

I remember thinking to myself 'well that's the team talk at half time sorted - all you have to do is say "listen to those fans and what it means and put everything in to keeping a clean sheet in the second half"'. That clearly did not happen. Rather, the level of concentration and game awareness from many of our players in the second half was shocking.

I suppose this is just another long-winded way of saying 'I just don't think that many of them care very much'

The 20 minutes after 3.45 yesterday encapsulates what it's like to be a Sunderland fan at the moment. From going 2 goals up to going to pieces in the space of minutes just sums us up, but how our players can not come out of the blocks like men possessed after the ovation that the fans gave them at half time as they came off yesterday is just unfathomable. It was loud and visceral and came from a place of great anger and pent up emotion. I don't think I've experienced anything like it at a match before in my 30 years as a supporter. It was, however, noticeable that no one reacted to it or even acknowledged it apart from Honeyman.

I remember thinking to myself 'well that's the team talk at half time sorted - all you have to do is say "listen to those fans and what it means and put everything in to keeping a clean sheet in the second half"'. That clearly did not happen. Rather, the level of concentration and game awareness from many of our players in the second half was shocking.

I suppose this is just another long-winded way of saying 'I just don't think that many of them care very much'
To be honest I think we are so fragile mentally and low on confidence. Conceding a goal right at the start of the 2nd half killed us as an attacking force

It was a real mixture of passion and anger everyone was so pumped up at half time surely that's got to get you fired up as a player our lot come out for the second half limp as usual

I agree when they walked past us at half time the response from our fans was best ive heard for long time ...overall was cracking atmosphere i thought...the "haway the lads" chant that went on for ages and sang with such passion was spine tingling
Thanks for sharing

Top post marra
Wish id been there to witness it live. IFollow never does good live experiences

This post sums up exactly what I was thinking yesterday.

The players wern't walking away from it into the tunnel , they were walking towards it ffs and yet not one fist clench, a look of admiration...nothing apart from Honeyman.

The level of passion, noise and sheer emotion of support took me back to the 80s and how it used to be.

Even with our penalty and that waste of spunk of a keeper doing his "fashionable" kneeling when a penalty is being taken...no acknowledgment to us when it went it.

Lads and lasses we more then did our part yesterday....the players alas,apart from 2 did not.

I agree when they walked past us at half time the response from our fans was best ive heard for long time ...overall was cracking atmosphere i thought...the "haway the lads" chant that went on for ages and sang with such passion was spine tingling

That chant was evil! Even i wad intimidated by it and i was i the terrace singing :lol: you could quite litterally feel the noise going through you.

Theres almost certainly no other set of players in the country that could throw a 2 goal lead away with that support roaring them on

That chant was evil! Even i wad intimidated by it and i was i the terrace singing :lol: you could quite litterally feel the noise going through you.

Theres almost certainly no other set of players in the country that could throw a 2 goal lead away with that support roaring them on

You could see quite alot of brentford fans just looking into our end while we were singing it...probably not knowing what we were actually saying haha..was acttually....intimitading...inspiring....loud...passionate...raw emotion and many other words i dont know haha. ..im 39ish and long time since a chant has got to me like that..yr right could feel it thru yr body...

2 goal lead? According to my phone app we were never more than 1 goal ahead??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back