Outrage as police shoot dog abandoned in freezing temperatures

Why would you tranquillise the dog?
So that it could be taken in by the rspca/ a vet and given treatment.

Dogs are like people, it was probably confused as fuck, scared and thought it was going to die, hence the barking and aggression.

Take it sonewhere nice, feed it up, get it warm and it will have been a lot more placid.

So that it could be taken in by the rspca/ a vet and given treatment.

Dogs are like people, it was probably confused as fuck, scared and thought it was going to die, hence the barking and aggression.

Take it sonewhere nice, feed it up, get it warm and it will have been a lot more placid.
You should have gone along mate. You know better than the rspca and police.

And you know better than everyone else. f***ing wind up tosser.

The police can do no wrong. That is the law of the SMB
Luckily for me, I cling to the truth.

You should have gone along mate. You know better than the rspca and police.

And you know better than everyone else. f***ing wind up tosser.
Lurker didn't say that. He made a reasonable description of the dog's position. Which was

"Dogs are like people, it was probably confused as fuck, scared and thought it was going to die, hence the barking and aggression."

Do you disagree with that assessment?

Last edited by a moderator:
You haven’t answered my question by the way, why couldn’t they have drugged the dog?

Was it a robot dog?
I told you. Aggressive non conforming dog because of poor training. Clearly it is best dead bit you'll know better as you're a smart arse looking for bites.

I’m a dog lover and I understand why they felt the need to kill the poor fella on the spot, rather than taking a chance of injury or worse. German Shepherds are fantastic dogs if well bred and properly trained. They absolutely need the right owner though, they’re not for novices or busy/lazy people who can’t stimulate and train them. That’s why I keep Shih Tzus! :lol:

This statement really pissed me off, though-

“Unfortunately, veterinary professionals advised that the dog could not be re-homed due to its aggressive behaviour.”

Absolute bollocks. For a dog in a state of sheer panic, confusion and hypothermia, that call is impossible to make.
Why resort to such hyperbole? Just tell the f***ing truth, no need to raise more questions by spouting bollocks.
They made a decision in the interests of public safety and to end the dog’s suffering. It’s sad, but any criticism should be directed towards the ‘owner’.

Ha'way man no one is nibbling today lurker so put the rod down for the night.
I never realised we had so many dog psychology experts on here.

And so many people qualified in dealing with angry dogs.

I’m willing to bet you and tassels aren’t dog owners.

I’m a dog lover and I understand why they felt the need to kill the poor fella on the spot, rather than taking a chance of injury or worse. German Shepherds are fantastic dogs if well bred and properly trained. They absolutely need the right owner though, they’re not for novices or busy/lazy people who can’t stimulate and train them. That’s why I keep Shih Tzus! :lol:

This statement really pissed me off, though-

“Unfortunately, veterinary professionals advised that the dog could not be re-homed due to its aggressive behaviour.”

Absolute bollocks. For a dog in a state of sheer panic, confusion and hypothermia, that call is impossible to make.
Why resort to such hyperbole? Just tell the f***ing truth, no need to raise more questions by spouting bollocks.
They made a decision in the interests of public safety and to end the dog’s suffering. It’s sad, but any criticism should be directed towards the ‘owner’.
Prepare to be branded a wind up merchant who’s fishing for bites.

Ah OK. So you're just an idiot then? The police had experts there and took action on their advice. So it would appear then you agree with the shooting as they took expert opinion? Or are you claiming to know better?

I've had several dogs in the past and will be getting another when the bairn is a little older.

Ah OK. So you're just an idiot then? The police had experts there and took action on their advice. So it would appear then you agree with the shooting as they took expert opinion? Or are you claiming to know better?

I've had several dogs in the past and will be getting another when the bairn is a little older.
The police always have experts.

They never do anything wrong.

Prepare to be branded a wind up merchant who’s fishing for bites.
You're right I'm not. I did however grow up with dogs in the house. From the age of zero to 19.

Back