Our walk of solidarity - SAFC v Stoke

SPACEnortheast

Goalkeeper
Evening lads & lasses,

Ahead of our walk of solidarity next Saturday, for any lads having a hard time at the moment, we just wanted to update those of you who wanted to come on our walk. We had a practice run today, just to go over timings and routes and all went well. So here goes…

Plan:
Meet outside the Main Entrance of Mariners Park/1st Cloud Arena on Shaftesbury Avenue, NE32 3UP, from around 11:15. We will be getting a group photo with banners etc then setting off at 11:45.

Route:
We’ll then be heading off for a brief walk on the John Reid road, past Temple Park and on to Shields Road, where it’s a straight walk down through Cleadon, past the academy, down Newcastle road and to finish at the SoL. It’s around 6.75 miles and will take about 2 hours.

Getting there:
Best way to get there by public transport is by Metro. If you are going by Metro, it’s a short walk from Bede. Can get there via a quick change at Pelaw! Although most people I know are getting dropped off, I’m aware of a couple who are parking around the industrial estate/local area.

The walk:
The walk itself isn’t particularly taxing, it mostly is flat or downhill with a couple of very gentle hills.
This walk is just about showing our support, as a community for people going through a hard time. If we have one lad see us walking and feel like there’s some help for them, that’s all that matters.

Checkpoint:
For those who cant make/manage the full walk, we will be going past the AOL at around 1:30pm, if you’d like to join us from then to finish off.

Our team will have the space hoodies etc on, so will be able to ask them any questions if you want.
Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you there and it should be a fantastic day! Wear your colours, if you want and enjoy yourself most of all, hopefully we get the 3 points to top off a cracking day.

Worth noting, the club will be supporting the walk this week (I think), and I believe we could be going pitchside at half-time aswell, so we’re really hoping to go the whole nine yards with this. More of that this week!

See you all there.

#HWTL

Back