Our species hasn't advanced

There doesn’t seem to be many that have that light bulb moment anymore.
Students are programmed to learn not to innovate.
There’s more an emphasis to make money rather than do good.

They prefer to cause mayhem sitting at oil refinery’s and alike because they don’t have any real answers.
I see us all driving at top speed on a multi lane highway to a promised land that has no parking spaces for the likes of me and you, only for new shoppers. I'll stay local, buy second hand, maybe a chair with the scent and history of a prevous owner.

if we care to embrace the present, we have a future.

Gelan, we can all say stuff we think but it's so simple to do that, that it has no weight.

Chuck some evidence behind your words and give it weight.

Why does increase in intelligence necessarily correlate to advancement of the human race? Does that mean we can be more intelligently motivated by greed, hate and delusion? Look at the state of the world and the technological advances and consumerism, trying to fulfil our never ending greed rather than just our need. This state of the world is the result of the most able and intelligent people on the planet that dictate to the rest of us how we should progress into the future. Greater intelligence will not correlate to advancement of the human race, but recognition of our inherent humanity might.

Last edited:
I see us all driving at top speed on a multi lane highway to a promised land that has no parking spaces for the likes of me and you, only for new shoppers. I'll stay local, buy second hand, maybe a chair with the scent and history of a prevous owner.

if we care to embrace the present, we have a future.
The problem is that six lane super highway that almost everyone is on, one day comes to a vary abrupt end. You will never reach the parking spaces in the promised land which is always just around the next bend.

Last edited:
I would suggest people's ability to walk from a to b while looking at a phone and not where they are heading is a definitive example of species advancement

The problem is that six lane super highway that almost everyone is on, one day comes to a vary abrupt end. You will never reach the parking spaces in the promised land which is always just around the next bend.
Spot on, we shouldn't go a whole precious lifetime just chasing or tails.

Our genetic memory is programmed with future events, otherwise there would be no future. All history bar chaos has been known since the big bang. The Matrix and even Star Wars carries that information, for without the future existing we could not have futuristic thoughts.

Fiction will always become fact.
Dunno if I believe any of that, but it’d make a great sample on a psy-trance tune. 👽👽👽

We haven’t been around long enough to advance. Give it another millions years.
It's taken around 4.5 billion years since basic life first emerged on this planet to where we are today. That's around one third of the life of the universe so far. So it has taken a substantial amount of time to reach this level. How much further do we need to evolve if evolution is driven by fitness for survival? Do we even need to evolve any further. Civilisation or settled communities have only been around for a few thousand years by comparison, yet they have fundamentally changed our interaction with others and the planet as a whole. If civilisation is to continue, how has it shaped our development so far and how will it affect our future evolution if at all. Can we survive for another million years? Although we can still advance a great deal without any further evolution.
Spot on, we shouldn't go a whole precious lifetime just chasing or tails.
Personally, I prefer taking the more sedate track that meanders and wanders along the way. The long and winding road.....

Last edited:

Back