Our Season Finally did kick off

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27897

Back to back wins, not of course in the most spectacular fashion, but we're getting the job done.

There are of course, lots of things to improve on. We don't look like we're playing particularly well, we keep conceding stupid goals and starting games poorly. There's still a long way to go I think if we are to be serious contenders for automatic promotion (I'd say we're just likely to flop in the playoffs again as current signs suggest)

Regardless, I think it's fair to say some of us did overreact to the first two games of the season in calling for the manager's head and saying we went backwards. Oxford United is a bogey team who seem to know how to frustrate us well with physical play (we had the same story when they came a year ago) and Ipswich is a promotion rival so that "1-1" was a decent result.

Onwards and upwards. Another winnable game coming up with Wimbledon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back to back wins, not of course in the most spectacular fashion, but we're getting the job done.

There are of course, lots of things to improve on. We don't look like we're playing particularly well, we keep conceding stupid goals and starting games poorly. There's still a long way to go I think if we are to be serious contenders for automatic promotion (I'd say we're just likely to flop in the playoffs again as current signs suggest)

Regardless, I think it's fair to say now we did overreact to the first two games of the season in calling for the manager's head and saying we went backwards. Oxford United is a bogey team who seem to know how to frustrate us well with physical play (we had the same story when they came a year ago) and Ipswich is a promotion rival so that "1-1" was a decent result.

Onwards and upwards. Another winnable game coming up with Wimbledon.
“...we did overreact...”

No mate - should be “some”

Don’t think anyone overreacted mind. We are shite.

Got to accept the manager won’t be changed and we just have to hope that we get lucky in games and rely on the individual quality to win us games. Fingers crossed it’s enough to get us over the line

We've defended well for spells and created intelligently for periods, we just need to start doing both at the same time. Equally some of our players are massively inconsistent and that could hold us back. I do think we're on course to go up, but there's no room for going off the boil.

Don’t think anyone overreacted mind. We are shite.

Got to accept the manager won’t be changed and we just have to hope that we get lucky in games and rely on the individual quality to win us games. Fingers crossed it’s enough to get us over the line
“...we just have to hope that we get lucky in games and rely on the individual quality to win us games...”

Isn’t that an oxymoron?

“...we just have to hope that we get lucky in games and rely on the individual quality to win us games...”

Isn’t that an oxymoron?

Reads like it aye! What I mean is that we need to hope the other team keep missing their chances whilst our lads make the most of their lesser opportunities.

Hope we go full strength against Burnley and they go full strength too. Would like to see where we are at against competent strikers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reads like it aye! What I mean is that we need to hope the other team keep missing their chances whilst our lads make the most of their lesser opportunities
Haha. Class.

We’re going to have to continue to improve but things are looking a lot brighter than they were after that Oxford game.

Back