Our record with/without Lynden Gooch this season

HBSAFC

Midfield
Record in all competitions with Gooch starting: Played 24, Won 14, Drawn 7, Lost 3.
Points per game in league with Gooch starting: 1.95

vs

Record in all competitions without Gooch starting: Played 15, Won 4, Drawn 4, Lost 7.
Points per game in league without Gooch starting: 1.00

He's been brilliant for us this season, underrated player.

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t rate him, to be honest.

He’s always been a decent player, just needed a bit more consistency which he seems to have found.

Fair point, was just reading the thread about player of the season so far and he didn't get mentioned that much. The stats show what an influence he's had on the team this season.

Maguire has a lot more indifferent games than the likes of Willis, Gooch and O'Nein, he's definitely buckled down since his mate was kicked into touch mind and yes both him and Gooch are very important to how we set up.
Aye ya probably right but Maguire wins us games out of nothing more than the others imo

Maguire has a lot more indifferent games than the likes of Willis, Gooch and O'Nein, he's definitely buckled down since his mate was kicked into touch mind and yes both him and Gooch are very important to how we set up.
I think the difference is Maguire on an off day tends to be a liability whereas with Gooch an off day still brings industry and pressing. Gooch needs more assists in his game though, currently Maguire is streets ahead on that front. Both vital to our success though and were last season too, when Gooch lost form and Maguire and McGeady were injured we were shite.

The Gooch Maguire partnership is class. Unstoppable when they're in abit of form.

Wyke helps them too mind. Always bringing away a defender or two to give them abit more space. All three know eachother's game so well.

Willis is still our Player Of The Season though. Hope we can keep hold of him next season.

Last edited:
Gooch has been a key player since he came back to form, but he was missing during much of PP's adjustment period when our results were poor - so that does perhaps exaggerate the with/without stats to an extent you could argue, but the comparison is still valid.

He was massive for us in the first half of last season. I know Maja and Maguire were also as important however Gooch started the season excellently before going off the boil for whatever reason. If we don’t go up this year I can’t imagine we’ll keep hold of him

Back