Our famous London invasions

Don’t think Trafalgar Square will be like last visit but still be busy
we’ll be there having a laugh and plenty of beers.
It’s a weekend away watching SAFC could be years before were there again you never know.
And we have a reputation to uphold haha. Ha’waythe beers

Might get pelters for this but it just seems like a load of pre arranged shite to me, the league cup final just happened as far as I can recall, now people are trying too hard to copy shit that was organic.
I've no problem with people who didn't make the cup final trying to sample the buzz but it's not for me. I was on the south coast before the last final, yes some great images but a bit too staged for me. (fire away, I'm in two minds if I should even post this now, sound like a right grinch)

2014 was as planned as the checkatrade. There was a thread on here & countless Facebook groups in 2014. I know this as I was in two minds whether to do full weekend until I seen the plans for Covent Garden. It was initially planned for TS but there was a Russian festival on and it was closed off so we chose CG instead. It was all planned.

It's a fair point mind. I see this being a more business like trip rather than a daft free weekend like in a normal cup final. Serious match this and we should be right up for it on the day.

I know marra, that's the point I've been making. People are saying going your ends the day before makes no difference to the atmosphere when clearly it does. If people get fucked the night before again the atmosphere will be shite again.

The night before has no correlation at all to the atmosphere the next day. Thousands of our fans are the piss of a Friday night prior to a Saturday kick off, a Saturday night prior to a Sunday kick off and so on.

The atmosphere was very good throughout, both for the Capital One and Checkatrade.

If we had won either of those games there would have been zero mention of atmosphere issues.

Make the most of the entire weekend. Who knows when it will be any of our last times we’ll get to experience a Wembley weekend and get to see the lads play there.

So all those on this thread saying they were so fucked that singing was the last thing on their mind are lying? I saw people asleep in their seat. I reckon that was probably linked to the drink.

The atmosphere was shite at the checkatrade final, Pompey out sang us easily throughout.

I can tell you now there was nothing staged about Trafalgar, what you read on here was that people were in two minds wether to Covent or Trafalgar, it was hard to tell if it was gona happen at all, then that night was incredible, absolutely thousands took over, I’ve seen nowt like it

He means staged as in people were making arrangements prior rather than it just happening.

Fuck knows why you were posting on here saying you were getting the train down on the Sunday then.

I wasn't.

Train back on Sunday, tatie brains.

Last edited:
I know marra, that's the point I've been making. People are saying going your ends the day before makes no difference to the atmosphere when clearly it does. If people get fucked the night before again the atmosphere will be shite again.

So all those on this thread saying they were so fucked that singing was the last thing on their mind are lying? I saw people asleep in their seat. I reckon that was probably linked to the drink.

The atmosphere was shite at the checkatrade final, Pompey out sang us easily throughout.

He means staged as in people were making arrangements prior rather than it just happening.

I wasn't.

Train back on Sunday, tatie brains.

I’ve never seen any set of supporters look so absolutely fucked as ours at the checkatrade final

We went batshit mental the night before the game, I was still completely pissed when I woke up on Sunday morning

It's becoming more important to some than the actual game ! As long as we can show the media how we can party in London rather than how vocal and passionate we are at the stadium ! Baffling but I suppose considering a lot who don't follow the team at home and away will go to London and Wembley it's not a surprise
Agree , I'm not going this time but if I was going I would be drinking as much as I could but not in a TS environment . In my opinion too many people seem bothered about going on the piss , to some of them the match seems secondary. Sunday night celebration would be more fitting and just as special when we win . Whilst ts and covent garden displays show our potential I would swap them all for actual trophy wins. The bandwagon jumpers can enjoy their days in London , the committed ones will continue to watch Sunderland week in week out

Some right miserable bastards on here like! I’m down Saturday, going to see The Strokes Saturday night and I plan on getting smashed but I’ll still be at the game on Sunday, singing or not!

Think with it being a bank holiday lots going down for just the Sunday night, no way the numbers will be as big around T.S on Saturday night.

Did traf square in 90s and it was good. Covent garden in 2014 is up there with Gordon Armstrong's goal in 92 and sheared penalty save as my best moments as an safc fan. Whilst ts was good in March for me it was not a patch on 2014...perhaps I'm just getting old. Only down for the day this time for me. We'll probs win for the first time in my life and I'll miss the post match celebrations.

Back