Our famous London invasions

It was absolutely class the last two times. Can see it being just as good this time round without a proportion of the fans feeling they need to be there. Could be more like the Covent garden escapade. :cool:

Hopefully take it a bit easier down there Saturday night
We were goosed on match day

It wasnt shite at all, we were just as loud as Pompey who had not been on the lash for 24 hours.....Deffo some bleary eyes in our end like but fuck it, it was epic.

Couldnt believe how naive you were so quoted it twice ;)
Nah ,we had moments but not the thunder I expected

Last edited:
Might get pelters for this but it just seems like a load of pre arranged shite to me, the league cup final just happened as far as I can recall, now people are trying too hard to copy shit that was organic.
I've no problem with people who didn't make the cup final trying to sample the buzz but it's not for me. I was on the south coast before the last final, yes some great images but a bit too staged for me. (fire away, I'm in two minds if I should even post this now, sound like a right grinch)

Last edited:
I spoilt myself last time like was ill at the match chanting was last thing on my mind pulled round after like and had a great night in Camden. Gonna try and go to bed this time at a reasonable time :rolleyes:

The night before has no correlation at all to the atmosphere the next day. Thousands of our fans are the piss of a Friday night prior to a Saturday kick off, a Saturday night prior to a Sunday kick off and so on.

The atmosphere was very good throughout, both for the Capital One and Checkatrade.

If we had won either of those games there would have been zero mention of atmosphere issues.

Make the most of the entire weekend. Who knows when it will be any of our last times we’ll get to experience a Wembley weekend and get to see the lads play there.

Might get pelters for this but it just seems like a load of pre arranged shite to me, the league cup final just happened as far as I can recall, now people are trying too hard to copy shit that was organic.
I've no problem with people who didn't make the cup final trying to sample the buzz but it's not for me. I was on the south coast before the last final, yes some great images but a bit too staged for me. (fire away, I'm in two minds if I should even post this now, sound like a right grinch)
I can tell you now there was nothing staged about Trafalgar, what you read on here was that people were in two minds wether to Covent or Trafalgar, it was hard to tell if it was gona happen at all, then that night was incredible, absolutely thousands took over, I’ve seen nowt like it

I mean that's just not true. All the talk was whether people should meet in Trafalgar square or Covent garden or both.

As for saying it was alright for an hour or so you guess. I'm not sure how you know not having been there. Just about everyone there said it was incredible. And it was. We brought the centre of our capital to a standstill.

As for the match I remember reading posts from you saying you weren't sure whether you could be arsed with going to the game or words to that effect. So to get the hump with half of our support being hungover and quiet is a bit rich.

Anyhow, it's all a mute point for this game as it wont be repeated.
We didn’t bring the centre of the capital to a standstill !

Come down see the sights and go nuts AFTER the match. Don’t get so fucked up that you’re feeling less than 100% on match day morning. If the players went out and got bolloxed the night before the fans would be whinging like mags on Father’s Day. Real twelfth men/women would be more responsible. Charlton certainly will....it’s their inbuilt advantage.
This theory was prevalent after the final and it was probably right. I thought support was a bit muted on the day. (On 65 minutes, a guy near me in the gods chanted, 'I'll sing on my own').

I tend to agree, marra. I prefer spontaneity to stage managed happenings any day, but it's each tivizarn, as per....

1. They’re not famous.

2. More interested in the novelty of us actually winning at Wembley than whether or not the met love us.
It's becoming more important to some than the actual game ! As long as we can show the media how we can party in London rather than how vocal and passionate we are at the stadium ! Baffling but I suppose considering a lot who don't follow the team at home and away will go to London and Wembley it's not a surprise

Can't make it down on Saturday due to prior commitments.
Was brilliant in Trafalgar before the Checkatrade Trophy final.
But never really recovered til the Monday morning so could be a blessing in disguise.
Hope everyone who goes has a fantastic night and gets as drunk as they want.

Back