Our famous London invasions

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by The Muffin Man, May 17, 2019.

1. The Muffin Man

The Muffin Man Midfield

Mentioned with a chuckle again tonight that "Sunderland will no doubt come down in massive numbers and make London theirs for the weekend"

Loads on here talking about not having invasion weekend 3, haway lads, it would be wrong to let down our public and the MET love us man :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. stockton

stockton Midfield

1. They’re not famous.

2. More interested in the novelty of us actually winning at Wembley than whether or not the met love us.

3. The Muffin Man

The Muffin Man Midfield

I think they are mind, every pundit on TV mentions it every time we are mentioned heading to Wembley.

Mackem00, Adamsy, Doberman and 3 others like this.
  4. Johnsafc

Johnsafc Striker

I'll not be participating this time. Can imagine that the Leeds fans will take Trafalgar Square anyways.

Oh wait :lol:

joop, halfman, Fetch Fletch and 9 others like this.
  5. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Hope not or it'll be another shite atmosphere from our lot when it matters most.

SAFCftm1986, DH1, Doeboy and 14 others like this.
  6. riffraff

riffraff Striker

Come down see the sights and go nuts AFTER the match. Don’t get so fucked up that you’re feeling less than 100% on match day morning. If the players went out and got bolloxed the night before the fans would be whinging like mags on Father’s Day. Real twelfth men/women would be more responsible. Charlton certainly will....it’s their inbuilt advantage.

7. 0321safc

0321safc Winger

Not sure why people can’t just drink a satisfying amount of drink without getting rat arsed, ensuring they aren’t hungover the next day.

8. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Lack of discipline. Something Di Canio was very vocal about.

9. Bladecat

Bladecat Striker

Will the Met not cancel a gathering for "safety reasons" against Charlton?

10. Zidane

Zidane Winger

I'm not convinced we will even sell the tickets never mind Trafalgar invasions

11. SAFC 2012

SAFC 2012 Striker

Sesh mentality :cool:

philFTM likes this.
  12. offmenut

offmenut Striker

Was the capital one cup final a shite atmosphere?
    Just as many pissed the night before.
    I think it's got to do with folk weren't that arsed about a checkatrade trophy win.
    Just like last night was far better than pompey before Christmas, and certainly better than the 4k at Charlton in the new Yr.
    This final means so much more, be a cracking atmosphere no matter what.
    And I'm definately down Covent garden then traf square on Saturday

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  13. Stevos

Stevos Winger

3. He said make a weekend of it, not make London theirs for the weekend. 2 very different things.

14. MackemMagic

MackemMagic Winger

Course we will

The Muffin Man likes this.
  15. The Muffin Man

The Muffin Man Midfield

Really? :eek:

16. Zidane

Zidane Winger

I only said it once

17. The Muffin Man

The Muffin Man Midfield

It wasnt shite at all, we were just as loud as Pompey who had not been on the lash for 24 hours.....Deffo some bleary eyes in our end like but fuck it, it was epic.

Couldnt believe how naive you were so quoted it twice ;)

DiscoPants86 likes this.
  18. Spennymackem1981

Spennymackem1981 Midfield

Fuck doing another 2 dayer like it took me a week to get over that weekend....

Just staying for one night and being sensible

19. Richie K

Richie K Winger

So are you saying that after all these years of debate, the rotten core is actually the fans???

20. offmenut

offmenut Striker

Tbh that's how I had it.
    Pompey fans are pretty good, I think some of our fans think we should be outsinging everyone.
    I definately thought Wembley was a decent atmosphere with them and us chanting equally.

Doberman likes this.