Our cross field long passing tonight

Was fantastic tonight seeing great passing from one side to the other. Hopefully we can keep it up against a team that presses more.

The sideways long balls have been noticeable the last few games like. Always an added bonus when you’ve got a player with a cracking first touch to control it, both Hume and Onien fit that perfectly.
It’s been noticeable since we’ve been playing this formation effectively in my opinion which was Doncaster away back in December.

It's never easy to accurately pass a ball 60 yards tbf
Its not that difficult for blokes who ping balls about on a daily basis. Decent passes but it's far easier to do when the opposition barely close you down. They were incredibly poor tonight.
Then why bother? Doesn't matter who the opposition is, they had the ability to play the long ball accurately to a team mate. It isn't easy man, it's a skill and our players are using it to good effect. Don't knock it, enjoy it!
Fuck me man why are people so defensive? It's far easier to spray balls about when you're barely pressed. It's not that difficult to understand.

Last edited:
Its not that difficult for blokes who ping balls about on a daily basis. Decent passes but it's far easier to do when the opposition barely close you down. They were incredibly poor tonight.

Fuck me man why are people so defensive? It's far easier to spray balls about when you're barely pressed. It's not that difficult to understand.
You just don't get it do you.

I agree in all the years I've been to the sol they were up there with the worst team I've seen

Back