Our attack force first game ...

There’s still time for things to change but attacking wise I’m not over confident for this season if we are relying on Wyke and Grigg. So far this pre season we have looked more solid defensively with Willis and McLaughlin but we are yet to bring in more attacking talent. Hopefully, we do address this otherwise we may struggle to break teams down this season.

I’d be giving watmore the chance up front this season especially with his pace, he will be difficult for defenders in this league. Play the ball in behind and he will be difficult to catch.

McGeady's unfit so it'll be Grigg, Wyke, Maguire and Kimpioka. It doesn't fill you with confidence.
Why is everyone banging on about Grigg & Wyke, it looks already like same ole same ole. We are NOT creating enough chances.
Those two are league one strikers who need 3 or more chances on average a game to score one goal.
As you go up leagues those averages go down with the likes of top strikers
Fix the effing midfield

Will Grigg top scorer in the league next season.
Wyke with 15-20.

Not even the remotest chance.

The lack of a goal scorer is blatantly obvious and should now be a priority if funds are available

The lack of supply seems more obvious to me. If we start as Honeyman as our number 10 - and supposed link up between midfield and attack - then we're handicapping ourselves from the off.

Last edited:
The lack of a goal scorer is blatantly obvious and should now be a priority if funds are available
To buy a striker to convert the puny amount of chances we create you will be looking at huge money.
Don't you know how it works with conversion rates with strikers.
Be realistic buddy it ain't gonna happen

I’d be giving watmore the chance up front this season especially with his pace, he will be difficult for defenders in this league. Play the ball in behind and he will be difficult to catch.

Said that last season and he was pretty damn poor in the 15 games he played.

Last edited:
The Watmore saviour again ! Rinse and repeat then he'll be injured unfortunately

He can run...the problem is He doesn't know how to score, a dink over the keeper last night and he would have scored.

Back