Otto Warmbier dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

How many prisoners have died in American jails, not withstanding the ones at the end of death row obviously?

A lot is the answer in case you're wondering.

How many prisoners have died in American jails, not withstanding the ones at the end of death row obviously?

A lot is the answer in case you're wondering.

55,000 foreigners in US prisons as well (2011 data from a BBC article). Yet 4 US men held in DPRK is huge news. Admittedly, the whole coma thing seems very odd and i'm not sure we'll ever really know what has actually happened.

Quite an obvious one.

NK are labeled a brutal, thuggish regime because an inmate leaves custody in a coma. Yet the country labelling them a such have an absolutely appalling track record of prisoners dying whilst incarcerated.
Well quite.

They don't have forced labour however, and nor do they imprison foreigners for "political crimes"

Was everyone in Guantanamo a convicted terrorist? I must have missed that bit.

And I was making no link at all to what the US say the lad did,though for all we know he could well have been a CIA agent. This is the real world, where we never get to know the real truth.
Of course not. And I'm certainly not standing up for the US.
The second bit reeks of that conspiracy seeking arse on here

It's awful what has happened to that poor lad. Nothing much scares me but myself or a loved one being in a vegetative state does massively.

Quite an obvious one.

NK are labeled a brutal, thuggish regime because an inmate leaves custody in a coma. Yet the country labelling them a such have an absolutely appalling track record of prisoners dying whilst incarcerated.

Give me a name of a foreign national who, having been found guilty in an American kangaroo court show trial, then mysteriously slipped into a coma shortly afterwards and their rapid health deterioration kept a secret from the outside world, from that foreign powers diplomats, from the tour group that guaranteed the safety of the foreign national and from the foreign nationals family.

This boy was kidnapped and given hard labour on trumped up non-charges. He was a hostage of a terrorist regime and used as a political pawn in the most appalling way.

Your point is poorly thought out, one dimension and you should be ashamed. For a westerner to compare the USA with that entity which styles itself as DPRK is astonishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back