O'Shea last saturday

A club TWO leagues above us signed Steele :eek: Granted he hadn’t played, but its still a stomach churning thought :(

Weirdly it probably makes a bit sense. They wanted a cheap English keeper who will be happy to never play.

Iirc correctly through not long after they signed him they signed another keeper which suggests they didn’t actually know just how shite he was before they got him.

Better player than loovens, who looks like a similar fit as the experienced centre half in the squad, but would probably cost more on wages. Not a massive loss given the level we're at now and the quality we have for league 1, but wish him well as he was a good servant of our club.

His red card earlier in the season. Went off the pitch munching a slice of bread

He's a decent bloke who obviously loves playing football. I don't get the stick people give him on here. He served us well for 7 years and captained a side at Wembley. Aye his legs have gone but I'm fairly certain that if Reading hadn't come in for him then we'd have been trying to get him back on a better contract (from our point of view) because he's got valuable experience and could no doubt pass a thing or two onto likes of Baldwin, Flanagan and young Hunter.

He was finished 3 years ago, he just can't let it go, however the good news is he is no longer our problem.

He's a decent bloke who obviously loves playing football. I don't get the stick people give him on here. He served us well for 7 years and captained a side at Wembley. Aye his legs have gone but I'm fairly certain that if Reading hadn't come in for him then we'd have been trying to get him back on a better contract (from our point of view) because he's got valuable experience and could no doubt pass a thing or two onto likes of Baldwin, Flanagan and young Hunter.

Like grappling and fouling from corners perhaps?

He could still play football, had a nice touch and was a decent passer but he was weak as piss (copyrite B Saxton) and slow as fuck. The amount of soft goals we conceded from crosses and corners last season was horrendous. OK some of that was down to the poor keepers but some of it was down to not marking up and failing to attack the ball. Absolute basics of the game.

Cattermole was slaughtered last season and for some reason not much grief came the way of our captain who was equally as bad.

Back