Original Xbox...

Afternoon All

When I got my first PC years back they chucked in a PC mag with a CD on the front that had a demo of Thief: The Dark Project. That game, then Thief 2: The Metal Age and Thief 3: Deadly Shadows are still my favourite games of all time. As my missus normally buys me crap presents I've asked specifically for an original Xbox with the Deadly Shadows game for Christmas.

Long winded, aye. But do you think I should be able to find somewhere that knocks out working Xboxes still? Cex want £60 / £80 plus which seems a bit steep. The game is only £2.50! If I can get Thief and Half Life 2 up and running by Xmas Day evening, the family won't seem me until the New Year :)

I often find when I play an old game I lose interest quite quickly. There are always better current games. Can you not just get Thief remastered on the Xbox Series X? I'm asking the question as I don't know if it's available, but would make sense to do it that way, unless you don't already have a Series X and don't want to buy a new console.

I often find when I play an old game I lose interest quite quickly. There are always better current games. Can you not just get Thief remastered on the Xbox Series X? I'm asking the question as I don't know if it's available, but would make sense to do it that way, unless you don't already have a Series X and don't want to buy a new console.
I wish. There was a Thief rebrand in 2014 but it’s not a patch on the original three.

This, lost count of the amount of times I've installed emulators and to be honest most games of that era look crap for a start

Back