Original PS4 Wifi Problems

87 Others

Central Defender
Just had my wifi go live in my new flat and it's relatively quick (30GB)

However when the ps4 (Original Version) connects it just seems to clog up the entire network, happened in my old place but I had put it down to rubbish wifi, but apparently not.

Just wondering if I was to swap for a slim version or even the Xbox One S, would I see an improvement in its network speeds?

I.e. are the original models just past their best for modern routers?

What do you mean clog up the entire network? Slowing every other device down?

I'd never have it on wi-fi like, too unpredictable.

What do you mean clog up the entire network? Slowing every other device down?

I'd never have it on wi-fi like, too unpredictable.
It's really strange, when I do a test when the ps4 is off, i'm getting 30mb speeds.

Turn it on, it reduces dramatically, web pages dont load properly on my phone, and streaming on the ps4 is really poor.

It's really strange, when I do a test when the ps4 is off, i'm getting 30mb speeds.

Turn it on, it reduces dramatically, web pages dont load properly on my phone, and streaming on the ps4 is really poor.

I'd be inclined to say it's your hub/router settings rather than the console. Have you tried playing about with the QoS settings?

I'd be inclined to say it's your hub/router settings rather than the console. Have you tried playing about with the QoS settings?
Brand new router, took it out the box yesterday. I had similar issues with my BT hub previous as well.

I'll have to try the QoS tonight

Just had my wifi go live in my new flat and it's relatively quick (30GB)

However when the ps4 (Original Version) connects it just seems to clog up the entire network, happened in my old place but I had put it down to rubbish wifi, but apparently not.

Just wondering if I was to swap for a slim version or even the Xbox One S, would I see an improvement in its network speeds?

I.e. are the original models just past their best for modern routers?

Is it not just downloading in the background? Updates etc?

Logon to your routers config page - then look for the PS4, look at the traffic UP/DOWN - turn the PS4 on and monitor it, see whats happening.

Back