Original Jurassic Park still has the best SFX of all time

Hbk69

Winger
On Channel Five now, 4K on a 65 inch TV and it looks a zillion times better than any modern cgi, particularly how fake Jurassic World and it's beyond awful sequel looked. I know it's mainly models but loads of films did that. Genuinely got to be up there as one of the greatest works of art of all time. Absolute classic.

You notice the sets and the models but your brain fills in the holes and make everything seem hyper real. Is that what's lacking with everything being ultra 'realistic' cgi now? Or is it just a crutch?

On Channel Five now, 4K on a 65 inch TV and it looks a zillion times better than any modern cgi, particularly how fake Jurassic World and it's beyond awful sequel looked. I know it's mainly models but loads of films did that. Genuinely got to be up there as one of the greatest works of art of all time. Absolute classic.
Totally agree. It looks amazing. It's a masterpiece of tension building combined with action as well. The T-Rex footsteps making the water in the glass ripple is one of the classic moments of all time in film history for me.

The velociraptors are up there with the xenomorphs from Aliens as the scariest fuckers on tele.

since when was channel 5 4K ?

Effects were amazing. Saw it at the flicks. Got dragged along as I wasn’t arsed but remember being genuinely impressed.

What a pity Spielberg was still in his juvenile phase. Adults getting eaten left and right (especially that irritating tit from Miami Vice) but you knew there was no way the kids would get eaten. Top computer nerds are completely flummoxed when the system shut down but a nine year old lass logs on and saves the day. Should have stuck closer to the plot of the book as Crichton wasn’t nearly as juvenile in his story telling. The set up was handled very well but then the plot just devolved into escaping from the scary monster which has been covered before in Jaws and countless other fillums since.

Effects were amazing. Saw it at the flicks. Got dragged along as I wasn’t arsed but remember being genuinely impressed.

What a pity Spielberg was still in his juvenile phase. Adults getting eaten left and right (especially that irritating tit from Miami Vice) but you knew there was no way the kids would get eaten. Top computer nerds are completely flummoxed when the system shut down but a nine year old lass logs on and saves the day. Should have stuck closer to the plot of the book as Crichton wasn’t nearly as juvenile in his story telling. The set up was handled very well but then the plot just devolved into escaping from the scary monster which has been covered before in Jaws and countless other fillums since.

Would you recommend the book?

:lol: It's a kids film ffs.

Who were the top computer nerds, as the only ones left were Owner, Chief Engineer and the game keeper....

If you are talking about the chief engineer (Samual L Jackson) then he went to reset the system, which was his idea to help reboot the system allowing it to be functional again, he died trying to do this.

Back