RR OPINION: “Give Kevin Phillips the job!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in short, we've been riddled with short-termism and egos, so lets give it to a completely inexperienced club legend just for a bit of a buzz?

Not experienced enough

Was a bit grumpy before he left the club which got some people's backs up

Too short
I'm grumpy everytime I leave the club. Man's a legend and I love him dearly and that's why I don't want him as a head coach, not now anyway. Maybe in time but as a number 2, why not. Anybody but f***ing Bracewell.

Great goalscorer for us but doesn't have that aura of personal presence a manager needs to be successful.

A bit lightweight for this job IMO.

I'm going to say yes if the majority is saying no. This place hasn't exactly got a great track record for suggesting managers.

Phillips In.

prefer to remember him as he was, would be happy for him to be assistant to a more experienced manager which is really what we need...someone who can stand there and say he has done it all before.

No, don't! Can't believe someone spent the time writing this article.

Also, mods, merge this shite with one of the other 50 idiotic "give Phillips the job" threads we have already.
You don't deal well with opinion do you?

Could giving Kevin Phillips the manager’s job at Sunderland be the progressive appointment required to rouse our club from its slumber? David Moyes’ compensation-free exit from Sunderland has given us a remarkable chance to rebuild and move away from the short-term culture that has killed this club. With Moyes’ negative, out of date tactics gone...

More at Roker Report...
"Give Roger Schmidt the job!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back