RR OPINION: “Give Kevin Phillips the job!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RTG

Could giving Kevin Phillips the manager’s job at Sunderland be the progressive appointment required to rouse our club from its slumber? David Moyes’ compensation-free exit from Sunderland has given us a remarkable chance to rebuild and move away from the short-term culture that has killed this club. With Moyes’ negative, out of date tactics gone...

More at Roker Report...

Would be a massive gamble, are we really in a position to take a risk with SKP or should we play safe with an experienced manager? I would be happy with Phillips coming in as assistant to someone more experienced, a Pearson/Phillips would be an obvious combination.

i've not read or heard of anyone who thinks that this is a good idea. its mag-esque and 99% certain to end in disaster. the club is in a f***ing shambles of a state at the minute, if i were Phillips i'd be staying well away too

Schwarz and Phillips on a 2 year deal. I'd also take McInnes and Schwarz/Phillips.

We need someone to put some heart into the club. The last person who did that was Keane, since then we've had a string of "proven" managers who've all flopped, and a bunch of lunatics who've also flopped. None of them have given a shit, and saw Sunderland as nothing more than a PL spot and hefty pay day.

Time to change imo. We need a fresh start. Offload the current starting 11 and start again.

All that is missed of that is.... "Just putting it out there" a la The Self Styled Ginger Colossus who should be called The Ginger Colostomy!!! Talkshite this thread/article!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back