Operation, replace part of jaw bone

Good luck, I hope you're bulking up before because the weight loss is ridiculous during the recovery

Interesting when I was in on Thursday he didnt specifically mention that, he just said, make sure you keep eating well.I got through the chemo and radiotherapy on my neck area 7 years ago with only slight weight loss, when I explained how The consultant was impressed and told me to keep doing it, the nurse not so impressed. Guinness :)

Interesting when I was in on Thursday he didnt specifically mention that, he just said, make sure you keep eating well.I got through the chemo and radiotherapy on my neck area 7 years ago with only slight weight loss, when I explained how The consultant was impressed and told me to keep doing it, the nurse not so impressed. Guinness :)
Good luck with this mate, btw do you get to choose your new jawline? I'd go for a homage to the memory of Kirk Douglas if I was you, avoid the Gail Platt look is my other advice. ;)

Think I lost 15kg in total, mouth was wired shut for 7/8 weeks so lived on smoothies. Peanut butter and banana ones are heavy so slowed the weight loss.

Good luck with this mate, btw do you get to choose your new jawline? I'd go for a homage to the memory of Kirk Douglas if I was you, avoid the Gail Platt look is my other advice. ;)

I have mentioned this to hospital staff previously, radiotherapy kills hair follicles, could they just sort out a perfect goatee for me? With regards to any facial scarring can I have a cool scar that looks like I have survived a knife fight, I will throw some of these questions at the plastic surgeon

My daughter was born with a cleft lip and when she was about seven she had a small piece of bone taken from her hip and inserted into the gap in her upper gum. She had day surgery at Sunderland and made a good recovery. Her face was massively swollen, so you should expect to look like button moon after the procedure. The hip soon recovered and she has a barely noticeable scar where the bone was taken.

Your surgery sounds a bit more extensive, but they know what they are doing so it’s best just to relax and go with the flow. Good luck, hope it all turns out as you would wish.

I have mentioned this to hospital staff previously, radiotherapy kills hair follicles, could they just sort out a perfect goatee for me? With regards to any facial scarring can I have a cool scar that looks like I have survived a knife fight, I will throw some of these questions at the plastic surgeon
Just remember Kirk not Gail, ffs don't get them mixed up!

My daughter was born with a cleft lip and when she was about seven she had a small piece of bone taken from her hip and inserted into the gap in her upper gum. She had day surgery at Sunderland and made a good recovery. Her face was massively swollen, so you should expect to look like button moon after the procedure. The hip soon recovered and she has a barely noticeable scar where the bone was taken.

Your surgery sounds a bit more extensive, but they know what they are doing so it’s best just to relax and go with the flow. Good luck, hope it all turns out as you would wish.

Glad to hear she came out of it all good.

Were you able to work ? I think I am more worried about walking the dogs than weight loss

Was signed off for a month but only had a week in hospital and week at home then went back, was going stir crazy - I'm office/home based anyway so only thing I couldn't really do was conf calls cos I sounded like a pissed off Darth vader

Back