Open message for Roger and or Pabs>>>

• Thread starter Houghton Ref ™
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxaxe said:
Been done.

Even registered it as a subsidiary trademark of The Thread (TM)

I see it as our charva sportswear range mesel. Will go down well in places like Hebburn, where hawaiian shirts are seen as fashionwear.

Ah, but you see, you were just suggesting Pissflaps(TM) as a slogan, which is fine and dandy. I'm spreading our global reach with a parody of the 1980s Frankie Says... t-shirts. You see? It's the fine line between stupid and clever :-D

Cockney Mackem said:
Ah, but you see, you were just suggesting Pissflaps(TM) as a slogan, which is fine and dandy. I'm spreading our global reach with a parody of the 1980s Frankie Says... t-shirts. You see? It's the fine line between stupid and clever :-D
I am suggesting Pissflaps (TM) as a downmarket subsidiary brand, which would exist and possess the "je ne sais quoi" of being part of The Thread (TM), while allowing us to sell into markets which might devalue The Thread (TM) brand.

In many respects, it is almost a sacrificial brand for the charvas of Hebburn to align to, to avoid dilution of The Thread (TM) brand in the samne way that happened to Elizabeth Duke, Kappa and Burberry.

"To see victory only when it is within the ken of the common herd is not the acme of excellence" - Sun Tzu.

jaxaxe said:
I am suggesting Pissflaps (TM) as a downmarket subsidiary brand, which would exist and possess the "je ne sais quoi" of being part of The Thread (TM), while allowing us to sell into markets which might devalue The Thread (TM) brand.

In many respects, it is almost a sacrificial brand for the charvas of Hebburn to align to, to avoid dilution of The Thread (TM) brand in the samne way that happened to Elizabeth Duke, Kappa and Burberry.

"To see victory only when it is within the ken of the common herd is not the acme of excellence" - Sun Tzu.

Shirley a better brand for the chavs would be White Dog Shit (TM). The irony of them wearing a shirt whose slogan sums up the human value of the wearer rather nicely...

Cockney Mackem said:
Shirley a better brand for the chavs would be White Dog Shit (TM). The irony of them wearing a shirt whose slogan sums up the human value of the wearer rather nicely...
It has racist overtones, unfortunately.

It could become like the N-word in reverse, where a white person wearing it would be seen as positive affirmation of racial identity, whereas a black person wearing it wouild be deemed an offence punishable by stabbing or burning at the stake.

Too risky. Stick with original idea, which has been road tested by jarra Wanderer, and found not to cause undue offence.

Cockney Mackem said:
On second thoughts, it might have a place in our "urbanware" range, on combats, hoodies, crowbars, kevlar vests, ammo belts .........

jaxaxe said:
On second thoughts, it might have a place in our "urbanware" range, on combats, hoodies, crowbars, kevlar vests, ammo belts .........

Quite right mate. Years of research have yet to come up with anything which, said by anyone to a Charva, actually counts as being offensive. Of course in FCUK stylee we have to come up with a way of masking it to avoid being accused of rudeness: White Dog Sh1t, anyone? Pi55flaps?

Cockney Mackem said:
Quite right mate. Years of research have yet to come up with anything which, said by anyone to a Charva, actually counts as being offensive. Of course in FCUK stylee we have to come up with a way of masking it to avoid being accused of rudeness: White Dog Sh1t, anyone? Pi55flaps?
Comes back to psflps doesn't it ?

Or does PzFlpz push more buttons ?

jaxaxe said:
Comes back to psflps doesn't it ?

Or does PzFlpz push more buttons ?

A lot of charvettes would probably buy knickers that had pissflaps written on the front. Especially for those lasses who used to have to buy their pants in C&A so they knew which way to put them on...

Cockney Mackem said:
A lot of charvettes would probably buy knickers that had pissflaps written on the front. Especially for those lasses who used to have to buy their pants in C&A so they knew which way to put them on...
We are missing some input from duff, who can bring some unique insights to this debate.

Cockney Mackem said:
An excellent idea except you were out by about 69 posts.
I see what your saying, but my question was hypothetical and as such was not intended by me to be the 1000th post.

jaxaxe said:
We are missing some input from duff, who can bring some unique insights to this debate.

We need to give the brand a Daoist 1980's spin to revitalise it as in media terms it has already gone stale...

How about: Lao Tzu Says Relax [The Thread (tm)]

duff said:
We need to give the brand a Daoist 1980's spin to revitalise it as in media terms it has already gone stale...

How about: Lao Tzu Says Relax [The Thread (tm)]
Doesn't resonate with popular culture.

I suggest something more bold and daring:

Big Ron Atkinson says: The Thread (tm) - now you're stalking

jaxaxe said:
Doesn't resonate with popular culture.

I suggest something more bold and daring:

Big Ron Atkinson says: The Thread (tm) - now you're stalking

I like it, but not a T-shirt, a white sheet complete with pointy white hood.

Get the non-sandalista massive represented by The Thread (TM). We need their dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back