Only being able to get a good kip when pissed

Lavender scent on pillow
My lass has pillow sprays with all sorts on I can confirm none of them make the slightest difference to my sleep.
Try putting on a radio at a low volume? Something to distract the mind and take the attention off the tinnitus. If I'm struggling with stress I find that usually helps.
Listening to a radio dj would give me nightmares

I’ll sleep anywhere between 5 and 8 hours depending on when I go to bed, but generally feel alright the following day.

After a good slurp however I feel horrendous the next day.

Try putting on a radio at a low volume? Something to distract the mind and take the attention off the tinnitus. If I'm struggling with stress I find that usually helps.
I put the tv on low timed to go off in 30 mins so I can’t hear the tinnitus.

A mate of mine uses low level audio of rainfall or waves breaking or lapping to help sleeping. Swears by them. I sleep well for 5-6 hours, always dreaming pleasantly and never nightmares. Alcohol causes a bad night's sleep. More of a coma than restful.

A mate of mine uses low level audio of rainfall or waves breaking or lapping to help sleeping. Swears by them. I sleep well for 5-6 hours, always dreaming pleasantly and never nightmares. Alcohol causes a bad night's sleep. More of a coma than restful.
Mrs sauce used toa use alexa to ask for rainforest sounds which used to be nice a nd relaxing with slightrai fall etc. I went to bed early one night and asked alexa to ay some ungle music as couldn't remember what she asked for. I nearly shite myself when some loud dance dj music started blaring out

That works for me. I have earphones attached to the radio so I don’t disturb our lass.
Not music channels though.

Last edited:
I don’t drink these days but when I did I used to conk out as soon as my head hit the pillow. I wouldn’t sleep well at all though, I’d be up and down for the toilet and toss and turn all night, then feel like shit the next day. Now that I don’t drink anymore I sleep like a log, normally around 8/9 hours, it’s amazing the difference it’s made to my quality of sleep since I gave up alcohol.

An eyemask makes a big positive difference for me, just woke up after after 10 hours...10pm-8am. Can sleep the same amount of time after a drink but still feel shit the next day.

Back