Online public webcams

A few years ago a few minutes on the Roker webcam convinced me to pop down and have a look at sea that was running that afternoon, cars were parked all along the top opposite the Roker hotel.

They have their uses.

Plenty of numpties at Abbey Road at the moment. They're hovering on each side of the road, cars are stopping but nobody's moving.

Loads on there.
They have one on Bourbon St. In NOLA, there’ll be plenty of flesh on show at night.

I'm still watching this in 2020. It must be a nightmare for drivers and residents of that road!

Walk like a Beatle

I had a very quick watch, it's fun watching all the motorists stopping for no reason i.e. people standing near the crossing rather than on it

As per the Highway Code
Zebra crossings. Give traffic plenty of time to see you and to stop before you start to cross. Vehicles will need more time when the road is slippery. Wait until traffic has stopped from both directions or the road is clear before crossing. Remember that traffic does not have to stop until someone has moved onto the crossing. Keep looking both ways, and listening, in case a driver or rider has not seen you and attempts to overtake a vehicle that has stopped.

If I was a motorist at that particular crossing, I wouldn't stop unless someone was on it.

Recently cam across this one on Youtube. There's a load of other live cams focused on North American Railway junctions in remote places. It's often the case that absolutely nothing happens for hours and hours.
This one is in British Columbia the other day a mile long goods train came to a halt right across the road crossing. Some Canadian gadgy in snow shoes strode up wanting to cross the line. He got so pissied off waiting that he actually climbed between two of the gigantic trucks to get over to the other side of the line. Well I supposed it was either risk getting crushed or hypothermia definitely a £1000 fine ower at Boldon like.

Back