Online Fundraising

Nathan Gunn

Midfield
I have one or two items i've picked up which i'm looking to sell to raise money for a charity with work. Whats the best way to sell these online? Obviously there is ebay etc but i think i'd make the most if i raffled them,

Is there anything online where i can raffle an item and people buy their tickets via debit card etc? Has anyone done this sort of thing before?

I have one or two items i've picked up which i'm looking to sell to raise money for a charity with work. Whats the best way to sell these online? Obviously there is ebay etc but i think i'd make the most if i raffled them,

Is there anything online where i can raffle an item and people buy their tickets via debit card etc? Has anyone done this sort of thing before?

No, you’d need a gambling license to do it yourself.

If the charity you want to raise for is set up on Zaffo, that might work. Tends to be run by the organisation rather than set up “in aid of” though.

You could do a JustGiving page and select a winner from your donors but it’s really important that no-one can Gift Aid their donation.

Do a guess the crowd competition for the SMB?

You see them on Facebook.

X amount per number, use the bonus ball from the lottery to select the winner.

You’re then limited to the amount of numbers available but depends what you’re raffling as to how much you expect to raise.

I cannot remember the last time I bought anything on eBay.

What are the items?
I've got this years SAFC home shirt signed by the first team squad. I'm still waiting to receive another item but i'd rather not commit to saying what it is in case there is an issue with me getting hold of it.

In an ideal world i'd like to raffle it as i think that will get the most money rather than just a straight sale

Back