Online butchers

They aren’t the same cut though , very similar but from different places
Who has told you that?

If you are in a butchers that doesn’t know the names of cuts of meat you should walk out and take your money elsewhere
You are correct.
I have been in Morrisons and the so called butcher did not know what skirt was!!!
He said that he only had done a short apprenticeship!!!

Last edited:
You are correct.
I have been in Morrisons and the so called butcher did not know what skirt was!!!
He said that he only had done a short apprenticeship!!!
Would you really expect the person behind the counter at a supermarket to be a "real" butcher though? The meat is delivered already sorted - maybe he slices steaks for sale, but he's not out the back chopping legs off.

Would you really expect the person behind the counter at a supermarket to be a "real" butcher though? The meat is delivered already sorted - maybe he slices steaks for sale, but he's not out the back chopping legs off.

Haven’t you seen the cows being led off the tesco delivery wagons into the back of the shop?

Correct.
All the meat come in pre-cut from the abattoir - no carcasses come in to be butchered.
But I would expect a certain amount of knowledge from the person serving the produce.
But that is a different problem we have nowadays, where there is a lot of dilutees masquerading in jobs not properly trained.

I know I should shop local but I’ve had bad experiences lately with a couple of ‘decent’ butchers, so I thought I’d try ordering online. Does anyone else do this and if so can they recommend a particular company? Thanks

I go to a local market.
Unbelievable bargains and quality meat.
Far superior to the supermarkets as well.

Perfect ratings and the steak, Beef, Chicken And lamb look and taste normal.
No deaths in the family.
What I'm getting at, is that with some form of oversight, anyone can be abhorrent quality meat, take it to a market, and dress it up as the best meat ever".

Its not all about taste, some of it is about not being plied full of antibiotics, and the animal welfare.

Back