Online butchers

gasman

Central Defender
I know I should shop local but I’ve had bad experiences lately with a couple of ‘decent’ butchers, so I thought I’d try ordering online. Does anyone else do this and if so can they recommend a particular company? Thanks

Asda.

Actually Morrisons, I know a few farmers who supply them and they pay well for the meat on the proviso that the farmers will never try to push crap produce on them, if the farmer ever fails to maintain standards they sack them off, British reared and slaughtered.

Last edited:
Asda.

Actually Morrisons, I know a few farmers who supply them and they pay well for the meat on the proviso that the farmers will never try to push crap produce on them, if the farmer ever fails to maintain standards they sack them off, British reared and slaughtered.

I use Morrison’s for bits and pieces and rate their meat highest of all supermarkets but I’m after Hanger steaks and other cuts they don’t stock.

I've been using Donald Russell lately. Its very good, but its not cheap!

These are supposed to be canny
Farmison & Co
https://www.farmison.com/about-us/organic

Whole lotta bullshit about why they aren't organic. "Trust us" isn't a term I can live with in the food sector. We've been lied to time after time.

"we believe total commitment to close relationships with farmer colleagues who display absolute dedication to principled and ethical rearing is just as good as having the organic tag."

Nah.

Last edited:
Asda.

Morrison’s are a great retailer to deal with. I think ken Morrison had a philosophy that suppliers and retailers need each other so should treat each other fairly. We do some of their fish and because they are fair we only ever send them the best. I would imagine the meat suppliers are the same.

Or just ask him for skirt.
It's the same cut - Hanger steak is an American name for it.
By the way, if your butcher doesn't know what skirt is, then ask for back collop, the same cut, just a different name.

If you are in a butchers that doesn’t know the names of cuts of meat you should walk out and take your money elsewhere

Back