O'Nien

O'Nien has an honesty about him. But he's not a game changer or one to take the game by the scruff of the neck....he would look a lot more productive in a well balanced side. Least of our worries.

I speak as I find and Mr Graham physical performance has been woeful let alone his playing performances.
Just looks a 35 bloke playing up front with not a lot to feed off to me. Wyke's gotten himself a few goals but they look interchangeable to me.

I think with a striker - particularly a target man type striker playing in this system - you don't really see a lot of what they're doing off the ball, not when ya watching it on the telly anyway.

Just looks a 35 bloke playing up front with not a lot to feed off to me. Wyke's gotten himself a few goals but they look interchangeable to me.

I think with a striker - particularly a target man type striker playing in this system - you don't really see a lot of what they're doing off the ball, not when ya watching it on the telly anyway.

Wyke does a lot of defensive work that Graham doesn't.

I understand a lot of Grahams work depends on the level of quality service and that is very limited. I don't think he does enough though. Isn't athletic enough to run the channels, isn't strong enough to wrestle and compete aerially, doesn't get his arse out and be an option to feet. And most importantly doesn't look likely to score.

Don't think the system under Parky suited him or Wyke to be fair. But Wyke offers a lot more than Graham off the ball, and his contribution doesn't reach the standard necessary either mind!

Wyke does a lot of defensive work that Graham doesn't.

I understand a lot of Grahams work depends on the level of quality service and that is very limited. I don't think he does enough though. Isn't athletic enough to run the channels, isn't strong enough to wrestle and compete aerially, doesn't get his arse out and be an option to feet. And most importantly doesn't look likely to score.

Don't think the system under Parky suited him or Wyke to be fair. But Wyke offers a lot more than Graham off the ball, and his contribution doesn't reach the standard necessary either mind!
Hmm maybe. I dinnar. I'd have to watch more closely. :lol: All I'm saying is I think it'd be easier to judge how much he puts himself about from the stands rather than the sofa. I accept he's done little to impress since his return. I thought he might have at least had a bit of a class about him with his link up play but we've not really seen it. I certainly don't expect him to be running the channels and busting a gut though - he's 35.

Hmm maybe. I dinnar. I'd have to watch more closely. :lol: All I'm saying is I think it'd be easier to judge how much he puts himself about from the stands rather than the sofa. I accept he's done little to impress since his return. I thought he might have at least had a bit of a class about him with his link up play but we've not really seen it. I certainly don't expect him to be running the channels and busting a gut though - he's 35.

We'll watch him tomorrow. Although hopefully he'll be the one in the stands!

He very well could be, their are players playing football in this league that are worse than ours. Quite a lot of them in fact. Admittedly you can't really argue that the manager sees them and will know better as our last one was Parkinson but the reality is he could be just shit there.
We do it time after time, no-one could be as bad as Bardsley at right back, no-one could be as bad as Gardner in the middle, not a chance Camp could ever be as bad as Steel in goal and yet over and over again we keep proving they f***ing could be and are
Steel was worse than Camp (I know) but point taken.

He's a 35 year old substitute because he hasn't looked after himself, hasn't got to a required level of fitness let alone maintained it, has very little professional pride and has a misguided sense of entitlement.
This.

Defoe is 38. SKP and Giggs played in Premier League at 40.

True but if we change shape I’d expect the roles in midfield to change.
He’s not had many opportunities and shit but energetic with a goal threat is better than shit, static, never going to score. I’m hoping with new management we’ll see that quite a few lads have been stifled by tactics/ instructions somewhat, Power and even Dobson have shown potential for much more previously and have been absolutely awful this season.

As he's a central midfielder crossing has probably never been a big part of his came and doesn't come naturally. He's never a wing back and only looked good arriving late in the box - he can head and he can finish. The rest he made up for with energy and enthusiasm, sorely lacking throughout the rest of the team.
He has as much energy as Scowan and Power, can pass as well as them, he is better in the iar, he likes to get forward and he is more likeley to score a goal. He is no superstar but playing him as a wingback when your midfield is lacking and you have others who can play wing back/ right back, is just plain stupid.

He's a 35 year old substitute because he hasn't looked after himself, hasn't got to a required level of fitness let alone maintained it, has very little professional pride and has a misguided sense of entitlement.
That's not true mind. The fact he's still playing at 35, last season in the Championship, tells you the exact opposite. Just look at, for example, Steven Davis at rangers he's 35 and doesn't play every week.

That's not true mind. The fact he's still playing at 35, last season in the Championship, tells you the exact opposite. Just look at, for example, Steven Davis at rangers he's 35 and doesn't play every week.

You reckon the physical state he is in at present and is putting out on the pitch is a result of him looking after himself?

Back