O'Nien

No big loss. Fans moan about Humes delivery when O'Nien doesn't even bother to cross at all! Its all little 1-2's with whoever is playing on the right side of the back 3, with very little end product.

He'd get ahead of Dobson in CM, but I wouldn't expect much more from him in that role either.

He’s been quite poor this season, often prone to slowing attacks down. He showed glimpses against Doncaster in the first half of the player he has been.
No big loss. Fans moan about Humes delivery when O'Nien doesn't even bother to cross at all! Its all little 1-2's with whoever is playing on the right side of the back 3, with very little end product.

He'd get ahead of Dobson in CM, but I wouldn't expect much more from him in that role either.
I knew it couldn't just be me.

Just as well Parkinson has gone. O’Nien was his number one square peg to shove in any other shaped hole. He’d be having kittens at this news, he may have had to resort to playing people in their own positions and / or giving some of the younger players some game time. Scary stuff
As much as I like 09, this is so true. I get he gives 100% but fuck me he isn't a CB and is only a rough approximation of a RWB.

There’s a very good reason for that.

As he's a central midfielder crossing has probably never been a big part of his came and doesn't come naturally. He's never a wing back and only looked good arriving late in the box - he can head and he can finish. The rest he made up for with energy and enthusiasm, sorely lacking throughout the rest of the team.

Back