O'Nein - Dobson - McGeough in Midfield

I genuinely don’t understand the clamour for O’Nien to play CM or a more advanced role. For me, he’s shown absolutely nothing in his SAFC career so far to suggest he can play there and tonight just confirmed it. He was like a little boy lost and offered nothing at all.

As soon as he was shifted to his now natural (in my opinion) position of right back we saw what he was all about. He needs as much of the pitch in front of him as possible to get the best out of him. He was involved in almost everything in the last 10-15 mins and should have won it.
O’Nien and Gooch are 2 poor standard players mind, Dobson was non existent and McGeouch was wasteful our midfield was outfought and outmuscled.
If not for some good last ditch defending and the stops by the keeper we would have been well beaten.
Saying that had McGeady scored the pen it may have killed Rotherham off

O’Nien and Gooch are 2 poor standard players mind, Dobson was non existent and McGeouch was wasteful our midfield was outfought and outmuscled.
If not for some good last ditch defending and the stops by the keeper we would have been well beaten.
Saying that had McGeady scored the pen it may have killed Rotherham off
I don’t mind O’Nien at right back. He’s not great but he’s very busy and gets into dangerous positions. But I’ve never seen anything from him in his time here to suggest he can play CM or more advanced. He doesn’t have the technical ability and he isn’t able to put his foot on the ball and dictate.

I like the lad. I like his enthusiasm and energy. I like how he plays with a smile on his face and just gets on with stuff. But as long as I’ve got a hole in my arse he shouldn’t be playing CM at this level for us.

I must have been watching a different game. Cruising until the pen miss. Onein was pressing and defending from the front and it system was working. The weak links were gooch and McLaughlin as everything came down there side. Score the pen and we comfortably would have won. The worrying throng was everyone in the ground could see the issue and the goal was coming but jack Ross. McNulty is way to fat and unfit and struggles to get to 50 minutes. Game management would have been better with leadbitter in leading as we seem to sit back and back and invite pressure. Still got to go for me but if we played the game like the first 30 would have been a massively different outcome.

Back