"O'neill for Sunderland!" Chant..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperKev said:
Just abroad - but it sounded like it was one of them warm places, canny bit blart and ale. :lol: .

Aye it is sweltering like, the beach is gloden, oops sorry thats the overspill of sand from the building site! One nightclub and loads of SGS's! :lol:

andover mackem said:
Aye it is sweltering like, the beach is gloden, oops sorry thats the overspill of sand from the building site! One nightclub and loads of SGS's! :lol:

When I came back from holiday from there I shat myself inside out for a fortnight. I did all the things you're supposed to; I had all my jabs, only drank bottled water and didn't have ice in my drinks but I think the restaurant must have washed the salad under the tap.

Getting there is a pain as well. We parked the car at Heathrow, got on the plane, we circled Heathrow for 3 hours, landed at Heathrow, where we rented a car, then did the hour drive to Andover. It took me ages to get used to driving on the same side of the road.

There's no way I'm going abroad again next year.

cipp said:
When I came back from holiday from there I shat myself inside out for a fortnight. I did all the things you're supposed to; I had all my jabs, only drank bottled water and didn't have ice in my drinks but I think the restaurant must have washed the salad under the tap.

Getting there is a pain as well. We parked the car at Heathrow, got on the plane, we circled Heathrow for 3 hours, landed at Heathrow, where we rented a car, then did the hour drive to Andover. It took me ages to get used to driving on the same side of the road.

Silly kernt, you need at least a month to aclimatise (spelling!) :lol: :lol:

cipp said:

:lol: :lol:

cipp said:

Typical tourist trap holiday, you'll never see the real Andover that way.

Cockney Mackem said:
Typical tourist trap holiday, you'll never see the real Andover that way.

The locals are apparently really friendly once you get away from the tourist areas.

If you pop into some of the little tavernas away from the main bars the local brews are only 50p a bottle.

Or am I thinking of Prague

SuperKev said:
The locals are apparently really friendly once you get away from the tourist areas.

If you pop into some of the little tavernas away from the main bars the local brews are only 50p a bottle.

Or am I thinking of Prague

The locals really appreciate it if you try and speak the language. Just go down the local markets, and ask for some traditional "Aaaaaaaarrrmpsheirre" food...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back