One out one in is how its going to be

We were lied to when they took over. As lovely as it was for the “transparency” and involving the community etc, they’re non-league owners of a massive football club and the sooner we’re sold the sooner we’ll have a chance for a tiny bit of success again. Until then, we’re all banking on Jack Ross

stop panicking ffs, we'll simply use the parachute money to buy some top class players before the window shuts
:lol::lol:

We were lied to when they took over. As lovely as it was for the “transparency” and involving the community etc, they’re non-league owners of a massive football club and the sooner we’re sold the sooner we’ll have a chance for a tiny bit of success again. Until then, we’re all banking on Jack Ross

I missed the "success" period in the last fowty years when was that?

Such a big squad yet lacking
A. A truly fearsome robust centre back
B. A commanding physical central midfielder
C. A pacy player that can link strikers to midfield

3 things we clearly lacked last season but still haven’t addressed. Willis is a good signing, if we intend to play 4 at the back or 5 at the back though we need a monster of a centre back to play alongside him. He has the pace required at the back to shore up.
How can you say that we have the best squad in the league on page 1 and then post the above on page 3? The two statements are completely contradictory for me.

Even if we had a collection of the best other players in the league (which I don’t think we do) we’re still lacking in the above so the squad is massively unbalanced so surely can’t be the best.

I’ve asked several posters (a load of times now), who seem to slate every player we have and always criticise the recruitment but then turn around and say we have the best squad in the league, how they reconcile those things. Conveniently I’ve been ignored every time.

Pretty well summed up.

Owners are fkn idiots if u ask me talkin a load of shite the shouldn’t of said all this bollocks about having all this money and hitting 100 points etc , if Willis is to get injured which I’m lead to belive he’s prone to the off injury we will have the same centre halves as last season , fkn woeful

Hope this is just a load of crap! Just to hide that we will not get ripped to shreds by other clubs asking for high values for players. Really hope that is the case as we still need some space in midfield and someone who can score goals and create.

Owners are fkn idiots if u ask me talkin a load of shite the shouldn’t of said all this bollocks about having all this money and hitting 100 points etc , if Willis is to get injured which I’m lead to belive he’s prone to the off injury we will have the same centre halves as last season , fkn woeful

Ye can get away with the defence if ye Fookin attack....

Agreed with this, I know everyone wants to bring in new faces and ship out some of the old guard, but this squad as it stands should bank automatic promotion, it’s Ross 2nd season in charge and if it doesn’t happen this year it’s down to the manager. There isn’t a need for wholesale changes.

Who was it down to last year?

Last edited:
When the owner first came in, they made it very clear the club needed to be sustainable and couldn't go on spending what it didn't have. Everyone loved that and said they understand and how our club needed to be ran like that. Now because we aren't buying our way out of the league, they're full of shit and liars. The mess we were in can't be sorted quickly and imo many just aren't seeing how tough of a balancing act it is. They've made more than enough funds available so far, for us to have been promoted.

It would help if we had some sort of pattern/style to our play, and try to get the players to play to a system that will benefit the team.
Why can't we play fast attacking football, with crisp, accurate passing along the deck ?
Pass it and move, and keep the ball moving. It really isn't rocket science.
Too often, our players are ponderous, and one paced, when in possession, and there's just not enough movement.
They need to think and react more quickly, so the system/tactics we play, becomes second nature to them.
Too many times last season, we seen players just lazily, lumping the ball into the box from defence or midfield.
Seldom did we see, defence splitting passes along the deck for our forwards to run on to.
I realise, the players we have at the club aren't world beaters, but surely it can't be too difficult to get them playing in a way that would be effective and pleasing to watch.
Some of the dire football last season (from Christmas to the end of the season), made my eyes bleed.
Playing good football along the deck, isn't impossible to achieve.
Coventry ripped us to shreds by playing this way. Burton also played some good stuff at the SOL last season.
It can be done, but will likely need a few additions to the squad to achieve this.

Apologies for the long winded post.
Mainly, because we don’t have the players (as you’ve acknowledged in your last line). We’ve got no legs in midfield in any of our options and that completely limits us in the way we play both offensively and defensively. That’s why it bothers me when people say we’ve got the best squad, all our options are the same.

Add a couple of mobile centre mids (I really don’t think we will) and the whole complexion of the team and the squad changes for me.

Last edited:
We have about 8 Cattermole replacements already at the club man. Power, Mcgeouch, O'Nien, Robson, Leadbitter, Embleton, Sammut. We won't be and shouldn't be signing a Cattermole replacement unless more leave.

I don't care if they're a midfielder, I'm purely talking about the one out one in policy. Maddisson, for example, would be a good cattermole replacement

Back