One out one in is how its going to be

How about we put some onus on the players to get us promoted just a thought....
It would help if we had some sort of pattern/style to our play, and try to get the players to play to a system that will benefit the team.
Why can't we play fast attacking football, with crisp, accurate passing along the deck ?
Pass it and move, and keep the ball moving. It really isn't rocket science.
Too often, our players are ponderous, and one paced, when in possession, and there's just not enough movement.
They need to think and react more quickly, so the system/tactics we play, becomes second nature to them.
Too many times last season, we seen players just lazily, lumping the ball into the box from defence or midfield.
Seldom did we see, defence splitting passes along the deck for our forwards to run on to.
I realise, the players we have at the club aren't world beaters, but surely it can't be too difficult to get them playing in a way that would be effective and pleasing to watch.
Some of the dire football last season (from Christmas to the end of the season), made my eyes bleed.
Playing good football along the deck, isn't impossible to achieve.
Coventry ripped us to shreds by playing this way. Burton also played some good stuff at the SOL last season.
It can be done, but will likely need a few additions to the squad to achieve this.

Apologies for the long winded post.

I get that we have to be careful with wages this year (as per Roker Report article), still unconfirmed by the club mind. What I don’t get is why did SD state on Twitter, before he left, that several signings were close, they were just haggling over “fees”. Wages to cover of course but all frees so far and we are more than a month in from that statement.

Unfortunately the other option is have the league on our case. Donald might have painted himself into a bit of a corner with his words after the play offs. Ross really needs to earn his corn, simple.

Last edited:
I get that we have to be careful with wages this year (as per Roker Report article), still unconfirmed by the club mind. What I don’t get is why did SD state on Twitter, before he left, that several signings were close, they were just haggling over “fees”. Wages to cover of course but all frees so far and we are more than a month in from that statement.
People who think he genuinely left because of 'abuse' are hilarious. Hes been talking shite and has bottled it.

Maybe he thought our income was going to be a lot higher at the time. There was talk of naming rights been as good as sold, several investors showing interest, excellent season ticket sales.

Maybe he thought our income was going to be a lot higher at the time. There was talk of naming rights been as good as sold, several investors showing interest, excellent season ticket sales.
This is what I find odd. Takeover seemed to suddenly collapse and the naming rights theyd planned to sell since they came in has suddenly gone quiet.

Also, after Wembley I remember Charlie and Stewart saying they seen what the fans seen.... we had no pace and power etc, alluded to being too defensive.

So where are the signings to rectify this?

Last edited:
No doubt we'll bring 3 or 4 loans in, just hope they're better than last season. Not holding out for much hope like

This is what I find odd. Takeover seemed to suddenly collapse and the naming rights theyd planned to sell since they came in has suddenly gone quiet.

Also, after Wembley I remember Charlie and Stewart saying they seen what the fans seen.... we had no pace and power etc, alluded to being too defensive.

So where are the signings to rectify this?
They'll be hoping Watmore lasts more than the usual 3 games a season

Last edited:
We currently have a senior squad of 22 so it’s still above what they said they want ideally. I don’t think they’re gonna get down to 20 though - not sure they’ve identified any more than 4 that can go and we need three more players in.

The issue I have is that the players we’ve signed thus far don’t fit with this 3-5-2 experiment. The two lads we’ve brought in for defence both look like good signings but both are best suited to the same position. That’s poor planning. That’s before we consider that to genuinely go to 3 at the back we’d actually need 6 more in rather than 3. If things are slow with us needing 3, trying to get 6 more done looks an impossibility.

31/5 Stewart Donald “It’s about getting ourselves into a position where we are a team that got 85 points last season to a team that gets 100 points next season."

25/6 Stewart Donald "we probably need around 6/8 new players this season"

18/7 Jack Ross “I spoke couple of weeks ago about it being a case of one out, one in, and that’s really where we are”

Can’t question this though, you’re not a proper supporter if you do

Back