One out one in is how its going to be

Going off ross’s comments we wont be paying anything like what maddison would cost
Depends what he costs, the 2.5m rumoured release clause is massively over valuing him IMO. He's almost 26 and has never played above league one, chances are he's Maguire standard overall at best. That said Maguire had three good seasons at championship level so Maddison could step up. I'd say he's worth no more than 1.5 m and considering he's in the last year of his contract probably considerably less. Mind I wouldn't have valued Grigg at more than a million either.

Listen mate i am a Nigerian princess and I am in dispute with my insurance broker and he wont let me spend any of my great wealth until i pay his Bar bill and twitter fees and buy several pairs of salmon pants for a mate of his down on his luck!(hes down to his last bottle og bollinger ye knaws) If possible could you do a lady of colour a favour and send me 50000 dallars american ( i have pm 'd you my address) Thanks in advance!

We currently have a 23 man 1st team squad (not even including Mumba and Benji). We will need to shift players to sign them, for practical purposes as well as financial. We don't need 56 midfielders and 10 left backs, so we won't be replacing Cattermole and James unless others in their position leave.

We currently have a 23 man 1st team squad (not even including Mumba and Benji). We will need to shift players to sign them, for practical purposes as well as financial. We don't need 56 midfielders and 10 left backs, so we won't be replacing Cattermole and James unless others in their position leave.
I think we're fine numbers wise everywhere else ( two players per position) but in central midfield McGeouch, Leadbitter, O'Nien, Power and Robson is one too many senior pro's. Personally I'd try and shift Power or McGeouch, not because I don't rate them as such, but because they may have suitors.
Elsewhere I'd try and shift Loovens and Oviedo. Ideally replace them with Heneghan or Tilt at centre half, Bola at left back and Dobson in midfield.
After that Honeyman out, Enobakhare in. Not likely given our current finances though.

Last edited:
Oviedo is a proper problem isn’t he ?
Wish he’d show some compassion to the club and it’s position and do a deal. I know he doesn’t have to but ffs.
He is bleeding us dry and has made a fortune out of us from being average at best no matter what league.
I will remember him as a leech not as a good footballer.

I do understand why we are desperate to offload Oviedo and Watmore however, they are very quick players and could do well in the system Ross is trying to enforce. A little concerned that we will move them both of any replacements won't have that pace. I know Watmore hasn't done it due to injury but could be tempted to give him one more roll of the dice.

Don't see it though as club want his wages gone.

Oviedo is a proper problem isn’t he ?
Wish he’d show some compassion to the club and it’s position and do a deal. I know he doesn’t have to but ffs.
He is bleeding us dry and has made a fortune out of us from being average at best no matter what league.
I will remember him as a leech not as a good footballer.
We gave him the contract. Would you accept worse conditions than you'd signed up for with your employer?

We gave him the contract. Would you accept worse conditions than you'd signed up for with your employer?
Yes if I was rich and knew my contract was killing the club. He can feck,off and get another contract with a pay off from us to even things out. We should remember him for bleeding the club dry. He needs to go.

Yes if I was rich and knew my contract was killing the club. He can feck,off and get another contract with a pay off from us to even things out. We should remember him for bleeding the club dry. He needs to go.
He may well make a compromise deal - watch this space.

Yes if I was rich
Many rich people become greedier they don't become benevolent.

Last edited:
Nout wrong with that, our wage bill is completely unsustainable at this level.
Is it?
I thought Charlie said we were only £2-3m a year off breakeven (excluding parachute payments) at the end of last season, and Catts going alone should mean we aren't running at a loss now. And season ticket sales have more than held up. And we have finally cleared historic debts for players etc.
So what is this last parachute payment of £15m going to be used for exactly?

We shouldn't be that skint.

Now I am happy saying we have a bloated squad and would like to try to use more if the younguns from the Academy (what is the point of having a tier 1 Academy if we don't even use its products in the third tier?).

So I don't mind if we end up with a smaller squad and move a lot of them out - in fact the only player I'd be pissed off if we lost is McLaughlin. And we shouldn't need to spend anything significant to have a good enough squad to go up.

But if the management are claiming we are now skint that is worrying, because that doesn't accord with what they claimed the club's financial position or their available resources were at the end of last season. And £15m incoming is a vast amount in the third tier.

Last edited:
I do understand why we are desperate to offload Oviedo and Watmore however, they are very quick players and could do well in the system Ross is trying to enforce. A little concerned that we will move them both of any replacements won't have that pace. I know Watmore hasn't done it due to injury but could be tempted to give him one more roll of the dice.

Get rid of your better players and replace them with worse. That sounds like the best way to go.

Get rid of your better players and replace them with worse. That sounds like the best way to go.
Tbf I would hardly call watmore and Oviedo as our best players. The first can't trap wind never mind the ball and the other spends more time turning his back on the ball than kicking it..

I do understand why we are desperate to offload Watmore I know Watmore hasn't done it due to injury but could be tempted to give him one more roll of the dice.

If we lost Watmore as it stands our attacking options have the combined pace of a milk float fully laden.

It’s crazy to think that everybody’s know for what seems like for ever that we need more pace in the side but we’re still looking to get rid of our only attacking threat that can move faster than a pensioner.

Is it?
I thought Charlie said we were only £2-3m a year off breakeven (excluding parachute payments) at the end of last season, and Catts going alone should mean we aren't running at a loss now. And season ticket sales have more than held up. And we have finally cleared historic debts for players etc.
So what is this last parachute payment of £15m going to be used for exactly?

We shouldn't be that skint.

Now I am happy saying we have a bloated squad and would like to try to use more if the younguns from the Academy (what is the point of having a tier 1 Academy if we don't even use its products in the third tier?).

So I don't mind if we end up with a smaller squad and move a lot of them out - in fact the only player I'd be pissed off if we lost is McLaughlin. And we shouldn't need to spend anything significant to have a good enough squad to go up.

But if the management are claiming we are now skint that is worrying, because that doesn't accord with what they claimed the club's financial position or their available resources were at the end of last season. And £15m incoming is a vast amount in the third tier.

Oviedo’s wages alone aren’t sustainable in league one.

Back