One-off charge sim cards ?

THats top fathering to be fair. Accounting for all eventualities

Cheers - she's my little girl after all !
Bet you will be a nightmare when she brings home her boyfriends....

I'd be exactly the same if I had a daughter mind so fully agree!

Lol - don't mind the boyfriends - she doesn't take any shit ;)

But i do worry about her out on the road by herself

Last edited:

I have a dual sim phone but only use one. It has occurred to me on occasions to also have a burner sim (for want of a better expression) to anonymously give people grief by text if I felt like it. But that would be ungentlemanly, plus it would inevitably backfire on me when I forgot to use the appropriate sim.

She could take the SIM out of the iPhone and put it into the other one. May need a SIM adaptor but still cheaper than buying another SIM

Fair comment, but I don't know if I'd want to faff about with changing SIMs or a SIM adaptor if the car broke down in the dark.

A Giff Gaff or ASDA SIM are both next to free (ASDA 99p) and you're just paying for the top up.
I have a dual sim phone but only use one. It has occurred to me on occasions to also have a burner sim (for want of a better expression) to anonymously give people grief by text if I felt like it. But that would be ungentlemanly, plus it would inevitably backfire on me when I forgot to use the appropriate sim.

I did dual SIM for a while, with works and home SIM in the same phone. It saves you carrying around two devices but can be interesting if you accidentally tell your boss he's a complete knob when the text was actually aimed at one of your mates.

Last edited:
I'm on O2 on a phone that's 12 year owld. :lol:
I top up a tenner, get a load of free texts and wotnot, then when that expires the next month I;ve got the tenner I put on, so arnly costs me a fiver a month.
Helps that I can't get internet on it like. :lol:

She already has that - so yes, in theory it will always have charge. It was more as a back-up, just in case anything happened to her phone and she broke down or anything.
Pathetic attempt at hiding you need a burner phone to deal drugs around your area. Reported.

Burner backfire can be dangerous especially if the sender is fiery.

Can you get them to add to an old handset with credit that will remain until used - or are all sims on 'monthly' charges/top ups these days?

I just want to leave a spare phone in my daughters car for 'emergencies' only - she has just started driving and it gives me extra piece of mind.
Maybe better getting one of those power packs instead then she can recharge her phone if it runs out. Also a usb charger for the car so she can charge whilst driving.

It seems a bit overkill to have a second phone and the battery will die and never get used.

Should switch on Find My Friends so he can track her.

Make sure her car comes with SOS alert or I’m sure there’ll be an app for it.

Get a smart tracker fitted to the car.

Better, more reliable solutions than a second phone which will run out of battery.

It seems a bit overkill to have a second phone and the battery will die and never get used.

Should switch on Find My Friends so he can track her.

Make sure her car comes with SOS alert or I’m sure there’ll be an app for it.

Get a smart tracker fitted to the car.

Better, more reliable solutions than a second phone which will run out of battery.
There are phones available with 1000 hours standby if you look outside of the Apple / Samsung box.

Aye, but it’s still going to need charging is the point.

Surely the phone she uses day in day out is the one she is going to keep charged. I don’t get it...
I can sort of see where the OP is coming from if the daughter lost her phone. One of the handsets I'm on about would only need taking out and charging once a month.

Back