One of the worst games of football

Don’t think I can watch another game like that. To think that I could have been cutting the grass at home.
The seagulls did provide an interesting interlude though.

The regression in style of play from early in the season to yesterday - which was essentially a step back to the days of Parky - is very worrying.

Far too many aimless long balls, no intelligent movement, no clever interlinking play, just either long diagonals or run the line and put it in the mixer.

I get there’s injuries, but that can’t excuse what we watched. It’s also a good reminder to some (certainly the bloke about 3 rows back from me) that “getting in forward” quicker isn’t always the best idea.

I enjoyed it more than the Swansea game as both teams yesterday were comically bad. Fortunately QPR were time wasting from the first minute and no time was added on for any of it, so at least there was less to watch. Plus the club forgot to turn the cooling system on in the SWC so I wasn't freezing.

Last season we were quick and vibrant. Passing and moving quickly.

This season we're slow, ponderous.
We have different, possession based style.

It seems like a deliberate transition.

Why??

Because we are without our best players and the squad has been filled with absolute dross with zero experience thanks to the transfer policy of the last 3 windows.

Yesterday we had no attacking threat and the two clowns playing on the left hand side of the defence would struggle in League 2.

The spark and creativity has gone, confidence has been destroyed and the better players are being dragged down to the level of the absolute rubbish making up the numbers.

It was a dire game luckily they weren’t good enough to take advantage of our ineptitude.
If they’d only been mildly competent we would have been walloped.

Jog on you bore.

The club is dying on its feet.

The happy clappers will clap us back to Div 3.
Clapping may help the team.

Booing does fuck all except probably make the players play worse.

Negativity does not help
If you ask them, they'd probably say they don't need to do anything, but if you ask anyone else with eyes they'd say different.
Exactly my point the owners don’t need to do anything.

However all the moaners want them to sell to billionaire who is prepared to lose millions in the club.

In reality, no such prospective buyers are queuing up

Last edited:
Clapping may help the team.

Booing does fuck all except probably make the players play worse.

Negativity does not help

Exactly my point the owners don’t need to do anything.

However all the moaners want them to sell to billionaire who is prepared to lose millions in the club.

In reality, no such prospective buyers are queuing up
I have never said boo the team so stop making rubbish up.

However, the management of the club is nothing more than a joke and they care more for our friends up the road than us. Things need to come to a head because the club is dying on its feet.

The potential of SAFC with its fan base history and infrastructure (when properly maintained) will be attractive to someone. You need to stop pulling SAFC down.

Last edited:

Back