One of our owners

Is a multi-millionaire, his Dar in law is a multi-Billionaire....allegedly

23,000 season tickets renewed, communications for our PR savvy gaffers has now gone into lock down, we're scratching around for third party Investment, unable to creatively increase turnover and/or break the salary cap...

I'm knee accountant, but bizarre.....

We had a billionaire :lol:

l

You mean it becoming apparent that we didn’t have a pot to piss in, or how they had financed the purchase of the club, or that in actual fact we couldn’t operate without off loading the top earners wasn’t revealing?
for people wothout a pot to piss in they sure spent a lot..broke the league transfer record in jan..

saying wer cant operate with the top earners still her eis a bit mad..oviedo is still here and mcgeady just got a new contract..
one top eaenr who is injury prone has left..any evidence that was a financial decision rather than a football one?

for people wothout a pot to piss in they sure spent a lot..broke the league transfer record in jan..

saying wer cant operate with the top earners still her eis a bit mad..oviedo is still here and mcgeady just got a new contract..
one top eaenr who is injury prone has left..any evidence that was a financial decision rather than a football one?

People on here moan bout Cup rices :lol:

A laudible strategy when ya skint. We have "no debt" apparently, we need a minuscule injection £5m to buy some proper attacking intent to get out of this Fookin pub league...
why do we need £5m...no one else needs that much? are safc such a small time club they cant even get out of league one without outside investment
#the owners have spnt their own cash on players..where do you think the money to sign grigg came from? safc is a loss making business..every day of the week it requires someone tow rite a check to keep the lights on..

Maybe a lack of clarity around the structure of the deal . When the owner said he gave Ellis 40m and said it on a number of occasions and then we found out that wasn’t the case . That was revelatory
ellis did get £40m of value..he benfitted to the tune of £40m...though the language used by SD was very sloppy..

Nowt personal marra and I admire your loyalty, but I personally believe you’re burying your head in the sand a little, I would love to be wrong but we’re skint.

Nowt personal marra and I admire your loyalty, but I personally believe you’re burying your head in the sand a little, I would love to be wrong but we’re skint.
define skint?
im hugely concerned-and grow more so every day..about how the club is being run...im not as blickered about the pwenrs as im portaryed on here...

but some people are eager to talk them down and believe every lie that comes out...there are people with an agenda against these guys based on their own comemrcial interests...those people woth that agenda dont care about safc..

people were callinfg SD every sort of name in Jan and even threateming his children..he broke the league transfer record a few hours later..and put his onw cash in to do it..

define skint?
im hugely concerned-and grow more so every day..about how the club is being run...im not as blickered about the pwenrs as im portaryed on here...

but some people are eager to talk them down and believe every lie that comes out...there are people with an agenda against these guys based on their own comemrcial interests...those people woth that agenda dont care about safc..

people were callinfg SD every sort of name in Jan and even threateming his children..he broke the league transfer record a few hours later..and put his onw cash in to do it..

SD's comments about the amount paid for the club were more than sloppy- they were misleading, likely to portray himself in a better light by suggesting he'd put his hand in his pocket to a much greater degree than was actually the case when buying the club.

The club is better run on a day to day financial basis than before but it doesn't help when SD talks about using the parachute payment to have a right go at promotion, even if CM was much more circumspect and indicated it would cover this season's operating losses. The problem, then, is that SD's statements have later been either contradicted by others in the club or found not quite to be as he stated- my impression is that he also has a tendency to paint part of a picture, but leaving out the detail that is not so palatable. It's risking breaking trust in the ownership which they had built up with their willingness to engage and apparent willingness to be upfront about things.

I think they did expect to get investment this summer, but it's not time to panic just yet. The issue though is what we can afford to do to improve the squad- if we can sign players on frees that improve us, all well and good but if we've identified a target who will require a transfer fee, then it will be interesting to see if any of these come to fruition, rather than being paper talk i.e will we be using any of the parachute payment to improve the squad (and I agree that some of it, at least, should cover any operational loss this season).

From my view, Ross seems to be the most candid when he speaks about player comings and goings (including the Maja situation where I don't think he had any axe to grind) so we can probably expect us to try to move 1 or 2 out to allow others to come in.

In the end, how well a start we get off to will dictate how much discontent is voiced about how the club is being run and whether Ross himself is the man for the job.

FWIW, I don't think the club is being badly-run financially- just that we haven't really been kept informed of what the financial situation is -and has been- in the way the owners would have everyone believe.

Last edited:
SD's comments about the amount paid for the club were more than sloppy- they were misleading, likely to portray himself in a better light by suggesting he'd put his hand in his pocket to a much greater degree than was actually the case when buying the club.

The club is better run on a day to day financial basis than before but it doesn't help when SD talks about using the parachute payment to have a right go at promotion, even if CM was much more circumspect and indicated it would cover this season's operating losses. The problem, then, is that SD's statements have later been either contradicted by others in the club or found not quite to be as he stated- my impression is that he also has a tendency to paint part of a picture, but leaving out the detail that is not so palatable. It's risking breaking trust in the ownership which they had built up with their willingness to engage and apparent willingness to be upfront about things.

I think they did expect to get investment this summer, but it's not time to panic just yet. The issue though is what we can afford to do to improve the squad- if we can sign players on frees that improve us, all well and good but if we've identified a target who will require a transfer fee, then it will be interesting to see if any of these come to fruition, rather than being paper talk i.e will we be using any of the parachute payment to improve the squad (and I agree that some of it, at least, should cover any operational loss this season).

From my view, Ross seems to be the most candid when he speaks about player comings and goings (including the Maja situation where I don't think he had any axe to grind) so we can probably expect us to try to move 1 or 2 out.

In the end, how well a start we get off to will dictate how much discontent is voiced about how the club is being run and whether Ross himself is the man for the job.

FWIW, I don't think the club is being badly-run financially- just that we haven't really been kept informed of what the financial situation is -and has been- in the way the owners would have everyone believe.
there was a misleading element-particualry around the £10m loan tbh..

thre owners and ellis and the club all got the benefit of the para moeny..

SD has had to put his hand in his pocket to a much greater extent than people think..though not yet as much as he thought he would..

he also continues to work for free..

there was a misleading element-particualry around the £10m loan tbh..

thre owners and ellis and the club all got the benefit of the para moeny..

SD has had to put his hand in his pocket to a much greater extent than people think..though not yet as much as he thought he would..

he also continues to work for free..

I don't think many doubt that he's had to put his hand in his pocket- there are continuing operating losses (albeit reducing) and that he did for the Grigg deal. The issues are more that some of the statements made aren't supported by what subsequently happens and whether there is an ability and willingness to invest in the team to get promotion (never mind the '100 point' target), without having first to lose players who would weaken the team.

When will these revelations be coming to light? All I see is a bloke who is running a business in a sustainable way and not putting the clubs future at risk again?

They seemed to be spinning a different version previously. Then the minutes of the RAWA meeting were delayed in order to give them time to remove themselves from social media. How is he going to engage with his adoring fans now?

define skint?

He put his own cash in in January. How do you know this? He said he'd bought the club with his own money too. That was a bit misleading wasn't it?

Back