One More Game Left In The North Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can honestly say, other than on here i have never heard the south stand be described as anything other than a singing section. Standing all game is gonna come as a surprise to a lot of people imo.

havent looked far then.

try the survey that went round from safc when they were askin people to vote marra

All the south stand will do is spread the empty seats out across a larger area. Instead of the bottom of the north stand and the majority of the away end being the main empty areas, we'll have patches of seat empty all across the SOL.
You can bank on that, gates will be down by at least another 5k next season, but it wont have anything to do with the new singing section.

I find the fact that some people want the South Stand to fail and be crap extremely sad.

I find the fact that some people want the South Stand to fail and be crap extremely sad.

I think people have moved in to the south stand for different reasons..

- Cheaper tickets (were saving nearly £400 by moving in to the south stand family section)
- For the singing (but not stand for the whole game)
- To stand

Which means there will be people who are going to have conflict with fellow supporters who are expecting different things. Which may mean in different peoples minds the south stand will be a failure. Not the fact that people want it to fail.

Are there two posters on this thread just arguing every minor detail of whats been written and said.

if someone said to me, about any ground in the country, "thats the singing section" straight away i would expect to see people stood up singing.

The club have called it a "lively, vibrant, singing section" because there not allowed to call it a "standing section" all though this is what it is expected to be in all but name.

they'll probably come and argue the point that its not called a standing section cos your not allowed to stand, i refer you to any away game and closer to home the SWC, people stand the whole game.
The club are turning a blind eye to the standing, you know what your getting yourself into by going into that stand, if you didnt why didnt you look into things with a bit more caution?
the fact the family section is moving further and further into the SEC cos of the demand for singing section seats should tell you that its not going to be just a few rows of people standing.
the SFG secured a large chunk of the central block and are right at the heart of the south stand, they will be standing, it will spread from there.

I think people have moved in to the south stand for different reasons..

- Cheaper tickets (were saving nearly £400 by moving in to the south stand family section)
- For the singing (but not stand for the whole game)
- To stand

Which means there will be people who are going to have conflict with fellow supporters who are expecting different things. Which may mean in different peoples minds the south stand will be a failure. Not the fact that people want it to fail.

If people have moved to a lively singing section and expected to have a nice sit all match then it's more fool them. Anyone that expects singing but no standing is off their rocker. The family section is a totally different area so shouldn't make too much difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back