One for the oldies here some great pics of Brian clough

Takes me back to days spent outside Roker Park getting autographs from players as they arrived before training. Always tried to get Cloughy's, but he was an awkward so-and-so and rarely stopped to give them...certainly not for me!
Still worshipped him though, and as I've said so many times before, the best out and out goalscorer I've ever seen.
He gave me his and he got the rest of the players too, ive still got them.

Last edited:

The team photos great, the lad on the far left with his Flared shorts on, looks as if he's just cut the legs out his pants:lol:
When did they start to use 2 keepers?. 26 players but only a young Monty by the looks of it.

Thing was greavsy did it in the 1st division Cloughy in the 2nd

CloughY could hold a grudge look at the daft falling out he had with Peter Taylor for signing John Robertson for having the audacity of not telling Cloughy first
yet he did go out of his way to apologise to Trevor Brooking for the butterfly comment before the 1980 Cup Final

which was ridiculous to begin with as Clough had twice tried to break the British record to sign him

and made doubly so when Brooking scored the winner

Last edited:
yet he did go out of his way to apologise to Trevor Brookig for the butterfly comment before the 1980 Cup Final

which was ridiculous to begin with as Cliough had twice tried to break the British record to sign him

and made doubly so when Brooking scored the winner

Has your keyboard got bad Aids or what 😂

Nothing changed with Sunderland’s boardroom today from yesterday. Cloughie should have managed Sunderland but this never materialized. Henderson will be the Modern day Cloughie . Sunderland do not mess this up when it happens.

soon as he went down and stayed down we knew there was serious damage,would love to see the like again play for the lads but i doubt it'll ever happen

Back