One for nervous flyers - Bigjet Tv

I worked at LHR for 33 years and saw some beauties in that time, especially when I was with United Airlines pre 9/11.

One time I was driving my little van by the magic roundabouts at Hatton Cross, where he's filming from pretty much, and a BA 747 came in to land in heavy crosswinds, and as he was low over my head, he slammed the throttle back on to abort and go around again - the bloody windows on the van nearly went in there was so much noise. Bastards, BA.

I worked at LHR for 33 years and saw some beauties in that time, especially when I was with United Airlines pre 9/11.

One time I was driving my little van by the magic roundabouts at Hatton Cross, where he's filming from pretty much, and a BA 747 came in to land in heavy crosswinds, and as he was low over my head, he slammed the throttle back on to abort and go around again - the bloody windows on the van nearly went in there was so much noise. Bastards, BA.
It’s a shame that almost all of the commercial 747’s are gone now

It’s a shame that almost all of the commercial 747’s are gone now
It is. When i was a young lad at Iberia in the 80s, we had 747M Combis doing the rounds, sometimes on the LHR-AGP (Malaga) route, which seems bizarre today. So about 70% of the upper cabin was configured for passengers, but the remaining part of the cabin was for upper deck cargo. Best job I ever had working for IB Cargo...! Great boss, colleagues and girls :)

I’ve just watched it for a minute and two have landed, wobbling and bouncing all over the place. Wouldn’t fancy that at all but it shows what skills the pilots possess.

Back